Wildcats Tamed ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Wildcats Tamed ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Bad D by Clingan almost as soon as he got in the game. His presence under the hoop stopped a driving Nova guard, but as soon as the guard started to back out, DC moved away. Guard turned and beat him to the rim and scored before he knew what happened.
  2. Six and change left in the half, score is tied, both teams are chucking bricks and turning it over. I just don't have a good feeling. We don't play well when the flow is choppy.
  3. Aaaaand... Newton throws a pass to the ref.
  4. Wow. We actually got the benefit of a call (Joey drawing the charge) that really could have gone either way.
  5. Ajax threw the worst pass of the season for Sanogo. Threw it from almost half court to a triple covered Adama. He did the same thing in the 2nd half, but from the three point line. Both times, Sanogo had zero chance of catching the ball.
  6. Horrible goal tend call on ajax The ball clearly came off the rim, and he caught it below the rim, on his way up.
  7. Since I got all nervous around six minutes, we put some distance between us and them. But I was no more comfortable or confident than I was when the game was stagnant.
  8. At the half, we had 8 dimes to nova's 1. And we were up 10 zip on fast break points. Why was I still nervous?
  9. First 5 minutes of the 2nd half, suddenly we're looking at genuine UConn Basketball!
  10. But then the refs started doing their best to get nova back in the game. Get your shot blocked? Fall down. If you're wearing white, they'll call a foul on the defender.
  11. We were definitely playing 5 on 8 for the middle 8 or 10 minutes of the 2nd half.
  12. Nova started fouling on purpose the last 3 minutes, and committed 7 in that span. Prior to the intentional fouling, we had been called for 17 fouls to their 9.
  13. For the game, we shot 45% to Nova's 36%, 30 to 25% on threes, and 93 to 67% on freethrows. We outrebounded them by 10, had 15 assists to their 8, and 5 blocks to their 1.
    On the other hand, Nova's bench scored 11 points, while we settled for one three pointer from Alleyne. Neither JoeyC nor Clingan attempted a shot.
  14. Ajax shot 4 of 5 from the field, led us in offensive boards, trailed only Adama in total boards, and led us in assists. Other than the 2 horrible passes to Sanogo, he only committed one other turnover.
  15. Clingan's game tonight was not a thing of beauty. 2 boards and a steal. He got his hands on a lot of rebounds and a lot of passes, but 'nova players just kept hacking at his hands and taking the ball away or knocking it free before he ever really had possession.
  16. Our late game FT shooting when Nova was intentionally fouling, brought back fond memories of the '14 championship run through the NCAA's, when we never missed a late game FT, and all that nervousness from earlier became a distant memory.

Reaction Score
Normally I don’t trust any lead, but when Karaban hit that halftime buzzer beater I knew we weren’t losing

Reactions: caw

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
#15 Clingan has not been playing like the super freshman phenom that he was earlier (i.e.17 for 18 two game stretch). He has to settle down and not rush his shots. He's going to have to improve his footwork and his foul shooting. Learn some moves. Stop leaning over his man. He can grab rebounds with cat like reflexes but needs to hold on. A super talented stud that just needs to relax a little.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
#15 Clingan has not been playing like the super freshman phenom that he was earlier (i.e.17 for 18 two game stretch). He has to settle down and not rush his shots. He's going to have to improve his footwork and his foul shooting. Learn some moves. Stop leaning over his man. He can grab rebounds with cat like reflexes but needs to hold on. A super talented stud that just needs to relax a little.
Tough crowd. He literally just had 10/4 in 15 minutes a game ago.

Reaction Score
Well on the bright side, only three more games with BIG EAST officials! They have been atrocious all season long. And I’m being too nice.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Yes, but unfortunately, Marquette came up with a strategy that worked exceptionally well, and now everyone in the league has seen it. Just attack his hands whenever he touches the ball. So many rebounds and passes got knocked out of his hands last night...

caw

Reaction Score
Yes, but unfortunately, Marquette came up with a strategy that worked exceptionally well, and now everyone in the league has seen it. Just attack his hands whenever he touches the ball. So many rebounds and passes got knocked out of his hands last night...

The crazy part is, he has good hands. So you know if he isn't snagging the ball he's likely being fouled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom