Wiggins Reclassifies to 2013 | The Boneyard

Wiggins Reclassifies to 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wiggins is an absolutely incredible talent, and as a basketball fan I'm ecstatic that I'll be able to see him on a bigger stage sooner. That being said, I'm praying to god he doesn't go to Kentucky...

caw

Reaction Score
Wow. So UK has by ESPN:

Harrison -#3
Harrison -#5
Young - #6
Lee -#29

And maybe: #1 Wiggins and/or #4 Randle.

That would be better than the fab five ranking. They have a shot at 5 of the top 6. Just crazy.

I almost feel bad for any kid who doesn't leave after their freshman year. Almost.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I will never understand how after we win multiple national championships, we are never able to bring in the types of recruiting classes that Kentucky, Duke, Kansas and others bring in even after normal years for them. Sure, we get a top player now and then, but for the most part, we get project players who need to develop. It makes me sick when I see the quality of players UK gets every year while we continue to bring in German projects etc. who will have little to no impact on our program.

Reaction Score
Holy crap, stop with the inferiority complex. This is just getting outright embarrassing. You guys are all uconn fans but your drooling and languishing over who kentucky gets... Who Cares! They're not uconn, I wouldn't care if they had top 5 out of 5 recruits I wouldn't even care if they had the top 10 out of 10 recruits. Game is won on the court not by recruiting rankings. Yes recruiting does matter but we should just be focused on uconn's recruiting. We have waaay too many threads and posts dedicated to Kentucky.

And the whole "how come uconn never gets top recruits even after we when championships, it so unfair." We got Daniels and Drummond both ranked in the top 10 in the same class, and we got them just last year! Our recruiting last year was hurt by the ban and coaching transition (yet we still managed to keep (Omar), it somewhat hurt us for 2013 but after 2013 expect our recruiting to pick up significantly.

Just please no more of "this is so unfair UK gets all the top recruits" or "Just hand UK the championship every year until Calipari retires" (So embarrassing smh).

Reaction Score
I will never understand how after we win multiple national championships, we are never able to bring in the types of recruiting classes that Kentucky, Duke, Kansas and others bring in even after normal years for them. Sure, we get a top player now and then, but for the most part, we get project players who need to develop. It makes me sick when I see the quality of players UK gets every year while we continue to bring in German projects etc. who will have little to no impact on our program.

All of Uconn's cards were marked in advance.

Those teams are in the 'club.' No matter what they do, the media and others will always give them the benefit of he doubt (see UNC scandal and their 'punishment').

With that said, it's not like Uconn has been Providence or UMass.

Uconn is right up there with Syracuse, Louisville, Gtown, etcetera. They get pretty good classes and they often get guys who are or become All Americans. Uconn doesn't need to look up to anybody.

UK is just on a different level right now and as Depriest mentioned, it's really not that fair. I imagine even UNC fans are whining about it. I'm glad I'm not a UK fan. Could you imagine having to root for Calipari?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
What would UConn be without those "players who need to develop"? Could you imagine just getting one-and-dones each year? There are no emotional ties to the program.

Can you imagine not having a Kevin Ollie, and all the players who routinely come back to the school because of the family that's been created?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Many like to downplay recruiting rankings but say what you will, how many programs have low rated recruiting classes a couple years in a row and have great success? Top programs should not go .500 in conference and recruiting is a big reason for this. Also, I took a look at one of the UCONN recruiting sites and see many of the kids we're in the hunt for, the kids other schools are Dayton, Rhode Island etc. When I see this and keep having to read posts on the Yard about Kentucky, yes, I'll admit to feeling inferior and don't like it. I also don't like Kentucky getting shows on ESPN because of their star recruits and coach and hearing Dickie V. and other announcers verbally French kissing Coach Cal and his players. This kind of press impresses kids and breeds future success. Meanwhile, were missing the tourney, the Big East is becoming a shell of a conference, we have a coach signed for only one year (which can't help recruiting), are signing players like Tolksdorf and if things don't break right soon we could become an irrelevant program. I'm jealous of other programs' success because I care.

Reaction Score
He's got a pretty cush gig as it is. I don't know why he'd want to leave.

Gotta agree there. I don't see that much upside in going to the NBA, where his recruiting ability would be pretty much useless. They'd have to pay him a lot more than Kentucky to make it worth the risk that he doesn't succeed there. Realistically, if the NCAA starts sniffing around the program like at UMASS and Memphis, that's when he'll leave for the pros (ie. Pete Carroll).

Reaction Score
You guys are all uconn fans but your drooling and languishing over who kentucky gets.

inconceivable.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul