Wichita stats included | The Boneyard

Wichita stats included

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Download the latest per-40 spreadsheet here.

Sure is different watching this team. Other teams didn't get runs so often in the past. But the results are good so far, driven by some excellent play.

Last nite seemed strange (as in different), in that the team mostly played better when ONO wasn't on the floor, Kyla took one shot and then passed up 2-3 open ones, and Evelyn got a minute.

Excelsior!

Reaction Score
Thanks for you work.

The PDF boxscore of the games is much more informative than the web one. It shows the +/- for the players and a couple of other things. ONO +/- for the game was 1. Almost a statistical anomaly.

Reaction Score
Download the latest per-40 spreadsheet here.

Sure is different watching this team. Other teams didn't get runs so often in the past. But the results are good so far, driven by some excellent play.

Last nite seemed strange (as in different), in that the team mostly played better when ONO wasn't on the floor, Kyla took one shot and then passed up 2-3 open ones, and Evelyn got a minute.

Excelsior!
I think that just shows how there is still room for Liv to improve when it comes to dealing with rough contact. They beat her up and it affected her.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Thanks for you work.

The PDF boxscore of the games is much more informative than the web one. It shows the +/- for the players and a couple of other things. ONO +/- for the game was 1. Almost a statistical anomaly.
After reading this thread I went to one PDF boxscore to check on what I suspected were additional anomalies, but that particular boxscore did not have +/-. Perhaps you could fill me in? Despite having an abysmal line in terms of stats, I am certain Irwin had a better +/- than ONO, fairly certain it was better than Griffin and it may even have been better than Walker. I also think Irwin's play in the first half (particularly with screening) is reflective of her +/-, though her play in the second half is reflective of her stat line.

Reaction Score
Thanks for you work.

I saw Anna was plus 36. That seems very high. I think I would get a headache trying to figure why.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I saw Anna was plus 36. That seems very high. I think I would get a headache trying to figure why.
Makurat did not start the game when WS shot 5 for 5 and jumped out to a 10-1 lead. Add nine points to the final margin of 28 and you would get 37, Makurat entering and exiting at other times accounts for the 1 point difference. Meanwhile, all the starters would have been handicapped by that initial 10-1 lead, subtracting nine instead of adding to whatever their +/- would be after that.

Makurat does make the offense run a little smoother, but unless her defense was solely accountable for reversing WS hot shooting at the start her terrific +/- was a little fortuitous.

Reaction Score
Makurat did not start the game when WS shot 5 for 5 and jumped out to a 10-1 lead. Add nine points to the final margin of 28 and you would get 37, Makurat entering and exiting at other times accounts for the 1 point difference. Meanwhile, all the starters would have been handicapped by that initial 10-1 lead, subtracting nine instead of adding to whatever their +/- would be after that.

Makurat does make the offense run a little smoother, but unless her defense was solely accountable for reversing WS hot shooting at the start her terrific +/- was a little fortuitous.
Thanks. Makes a bit more sense now. It goes with my impression that the team as a whole seems to function much better when she is in the game. And I note that on defense she seems to automatically know where to be on the floor. I found myself watching her switch off without hesitation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom