Wichita State Lands WVU Transfer Teddy Allen | The Boneyard

Wichita State Lands WVU Transfer Teddy Allen

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Teddy Allen commits to Wichita State; Boys Town grad excited for opportunity with Shockers

After an unofficial visit, Teddy Allen announced Tuesday on Twitter that he was committing to Wichita State.

“It is close to Omaha, and once you get here and talk to Coach (Gregg) Marshall and the staff you understand why the Shockers are who they are,” he said. “I’m excited about the opportunity Wichita State has given me and excited to get to Wichita and get to work.”

Allen, who announced May 3 that he was transferring from West Virginia, played in 35 of 37 games as a true freshman, coming off the bench to average 7.0 points and 2.7 rebounds per game.

The Boys Town grad will join 2017 Omaha Central graduate Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler.

Allen will likely have to sit out a transfer season and have three years of eligibility left. There is a chance he could get a waiver from the NCAA approved and not have to sit out a year.

Virginia Tech, Middle Tennessee, Alabama, Oregon and a handful of other schools reached out to Allen after he was granted his release.

Nice pickup for the Shockers. Sit one play three kid.

Reaction Score
That's a huge pickup. Allen is a potential CPOY eventually, especially under Marshall.

Reaction Score
That's a huge pickup. Allen is a potential CPOY eventually, especially under Marshall.

I've seen a few people say this but haven't seen the kid play firsthand. Stats from freshman year aren't overly impressive so where is the future CPOY chatter coming from?

Reaction Score
I've seen a few people say this but haven't seen the kid play firsthand. Stats from freshman year aren't overly impressive so where is the future CPOY chatter coming from?
His makeup is questionable. I know he and Huggins had a rocky relationship. But he was the best per minute scorer (23.1 per 40) on a very good WVU team as a freshman, and he averaged 9.1 REB per 40 minutes as well. He shot 51.8% inside the arc, gets to the line a lot and is a good FT shooter. If he can develop a 3, he'll be an absolute monster offensively.

Reaction Score
Reactions should be interesting around here next year if Poor Bear Chandler and David Wingett are tearing it up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom