Why? | The Boneyard

Why?

Reaction Score
I don’t want to shout sexism but am wondering why the UConn men get all their games on the UConn Sports Network at ESPN at Atlantis but the UConn women only get third game coverage. I would think UConn women would have a bit more clout than that. And this isn’t the first time we have been sent to pay for games at secondary outfits like FloSports.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I don’t want to shout sexism but am wondering why the UConn men get all their games on the UConn Sports Network at ESPN at Atlantis but the UConn women only get third game coverage. I would think UConn women would have a bit more clout than that. And this isn’t the first time we have been sent to pay for games at secondary outfits like FloSports.
$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reaction Score
Well you Could always watch the Colorado women’s team , you know they beat Stanford last year

Reaction Score
Has nothing to do with sexism and everything to do with business. ESPN is in business to make money. They will air the games that will make them the most money selling advertisements. It’s really that simple, no secret plot or agenda, just business.

Reaction Score
Nationally, like it or not, men’s hoops draws many more fans. Definitely the money. Our women and a few others are the exception. as a draw.
Again I understand. Most women play in mostly empty arenas but UConn doesn’t. I only truly follow two teams, UConn and Colorado women. I could not name a player on the UConn men’s team if my life depended on it. That is not to say that UConn is a bad men’s team, just one that doesn’t even register on my radar. I also see that South Carolina women get more coverage. And I realize that I am nearly alone in my lack of interest in the men’s game where giants dunk baskets whose height was set 125 years ago for scrawny middle schoolers.

Reaction Score
As much as the UCONN Women’s team draws high attendance and generates some national interest, the numbers aren’t even close.

“Throughout the eight games, the average of 6.46 million viewers was an improvement from the 5.74 million viewers that watched two years ago, per Sportico's Anthony Cupri. The women's games, meanwhile, brought in 1.559 million viewers on ABC for UConn vs. Iowa, while 1.223 million watched Baylor-Michigan.Mar 30, 2021”

Reaction Score
Well you Could always watch the Colorado women’s team , you know they beat Stanford last year
I wouldn’t miss a game, just as I wouldn’t miss a UConn game. They not only beat Stanford but only incredible bad free throw shooting kept them from beating Arizona, the other team in the NCAA championship game. All I am saying is that UConn is different. Colorado would not be a big money draw. To watch tomorrow’s Colorado game with Air Force I have to buy, then decline after the game a membership in the Mountain West Network. I fully understand that. I have the biggest DirecTv package because it allows me to see all UConn games (other than...) but because it refuses to carry the PAC-12 Network, I buy Sling for the season, then cancel. Don’t worry. Once the Atlantis Tournament is over I will move on.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t miss a game, just as I wouldn’t miss a UConn game. They not only beat Stanford but only incredible bad free throw shooting kept them from beating Arizona, the other team in the NCAA championship game. All I am saying is that UConn is different. Colorado would not be a big money draw. To watch tomorrow’s Colorado game with Air Force I have to buy, then decline after the game a membership in the Mountain West Network. I fully understand that. I have the biggest DirecTv package because it allows me to see all UConn games (other than...) but because it refuses to carry the PAC-12 Network, I buy Sling for the season, then cancel. Don’t worry. Once the Atlantis Tournament is over I will move on.
Well, now I know (I guess) where I could get PAC12 network, as I am a committed DirecTV person. But I doubt I will. We just don't watch anything live.

Reaction Score
Again I understand. Most women play in mostly empty arenas but UConn doesn’t. I only truly follow two teams, UConn and Colorado women. I could not name a player on the UConn men’s team if my life depended on it. That is not to say that UConn is a bad men’s team, just one that doesn’t even register on my radar. I also see that South Carolina women get more coverage. And I realize that I am nearly alone in my lack of interest in the men’s game where giants dunk baskets whose height was set 125 years ago for scrawny middle schoolers.
"I could not name a player on the UConn men’s team if my life depended on it."

Let me help, It's simple: Akok Akok Akok Akok Akok....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom