Why would ANY "Big" join our class of 2014? | The Boneyard

Why would ANY "Big" join our class of 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. An education that would reward in full measure the effort shown by the student. If someone wants to learn, they can certainly learn to their heart's content at UCONN. Am very comfortable with that assertion, having contacts with faculty and students at an array of universities, along with a perspective provided by having lectured at Smith graduate school, Harvard Medical School, and others. Additionally, recently released reports show UCONN with very strong academic rankings vs. other institutions on VERY important criteria.

2. Four years on the court with three "feeders" (Edwards, Ekmark, Williams) who have the prototypical UCONN team-first personalities and will unselfishly get the ball to a front-court player. These teammates have been ranked as high as #2,#3, and #4 at their guard positions! Close to unbelievable. And, one has been labeled "best pure shooter in the class," while another has been termed "arguably the best athlete in the class."

3. Four years with a coaching staff that by important standards would be considered THE best. When you consider the number of seasons coached here by our Head Coach, vs. the number of seasons coached by Summit, for example, he has won the same number of national champions in approximately ten less seasons at the helm. Rather amazing (yet the press almost never seems to take note of this distinction when comparing the records). And his top Associate has been there every step of the way. And let's add four years of instruction from the only two-time Olympic Head Coach on the women's side.

4 . The WNBA , the US Olympic rosters, the All-American selections, and USA teams at various age levels are all replete with graduates and members of the UCONN program....and those lists include such "Bigs" as Lobo and Wolters and Dolson and Stewart, among others. It is likely that NO other college women's team gets the TV exposure year-in and year-out that the Huskies get.

5. Three years with yet another typically unselfish UCONN-type guard (Chong) , who was Parade Magazine Player of the Year and is another assist wizard. Combine this with the three four-year teammates already headed here, and there will be a whole lot of nifty passes for someone to be on the receiving end of, even when they in turn dish it off to complete a pretty play.

6. Two years with the best threesome (Jefferson, STewart, Tuck) of the entire 2012 class. At least one of these teammates is almost a certainty to be ranked among the all-time best of women's basketball. Another is yet one more slick passer who might be the fastest member of a very speedy squad. Add to that a year alongside a player (Lewis) considered by many to be the best shooter in the college game today.

7. The opportunity to associate with on and off the courts, and to learn from and with and compete against on a daily basis this very impressive National Championship caliber young women. And this in a program which has emphasized personal development in areas other than basketball, with a focus character, cultural enrichment, and values.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Win....all great reasons for another player to come to UConn.....IMO Wilson is coming....:)
Go Huskies...!!

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
Good post Winlots.....Any big should want to come to HuskyLand for all those reasons and more. A Class of Williams, Ekmark, and Edwards is a great start. And if Geno can somehow add Wilson , UConn could be looking at 2 more Championships. Therefore, I hope DavidInNaples is reading the palms of wbb players and is correct in predicting Wilson to HuskyLand. If so it would put the cherry on top of arguably the the no.1 Class of 2014.

Reaction Score
The question mark in the thread title put me in a foul mood while starting to read your post. "Cripes!" I thought - "Another freaking breast-beater!"

Rough takeoff, nice landing!

Reaction Score
WONK: I've always known I could help you. And, now, with those kind closing words, I even WANT to. ;) :) (PS: always nice to meet someone else who shares my paranoid streak)

Reaction Score
HGN, DINK, DAVID, WONK, BEST et al: speaking of cherries on top of things, was just thinking about the new practice facility in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom