Why will HCRE correctly bench a RB who fumbles.... | The Boneyard

Why will HCRE correctly bench a RB who fumbles....

Reaction Score
such as the kid from Berlin (and I'm sure there are others). But he allows a QB who makes multiple stupid mistakes continue to play. The fumble, which luckily we recovered, took us out of field goal range and the pic late at the end of Q2 are simply unforgivable.

Yes Pindel can move the ball (run/pass) but he also has about 2 to 3 absolutely brain dead mistakes a game. Kind of like Jay Cutler. HCRE buries a RB who fumbles why does he back a QB who creates the same. I know its the last game but cut your losses and send a message.

Nothing personal against Pindel, but man the tape doesn't lie.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying Washington, but I could take the kid from CT for a few series.

$5 says Pindel makes at least 1 more bonehead play in the second half that costs us points.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Bisack isn’t a mobile QB. Our OL is not pass blocking well. Most of our best gains have come from Pindell running.

You think Bisack would be mistake free???

Reaction Score
Pindell is not going to be the quarterback next year. He just isn’t that talented. This was a lost season anyway so no sense burning a redshirt and Bisakk is strictly an emergency guy.

Reaction Score
Pindell is not going to be the quarterback next year. He just isn’t that talented. This was a lost season anyway so no sense burning a redshirt and Bisakk is strictly an emergency guy.
Tend to agree, unless he can learn to stay in a pocket and pass with proper feet.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Tend to agree, unless he can learn to stay in a pocket and pass with proper feet.

At worst he is a serviceable #2 against AAC competition - something we have not had in a while.

Reaction Score
If nothing else comes out of this season, Pindell, who will be a senior next hear, cannot be the starting QB next season. That will set UConn back at least two seasons (next year watching him suffocate the offense, and the following years while a young QB gains experience he should have gotten in '18).

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Wow- the kid gets 3 1/2 games and is deemed not the starter next year by the Boneyard experts. Has he hit his ceiling and can't improve? He led us on a 93 yard almost game tying td drive with less than 2 minutes. But he isn't good enough. The pick at the end of the first half was dumb- but he didn't repeat that in the second half. He learned. With this offensive line- he is going to take hits. It's not like he can sit back there and read defenses all day. He showed me something in these 3 games that he could be the guy next year, not that he won't be the guy next year. I have yet to see Washington or McAfee play, nor Krajewski- so who knows better than the coaches? Oh yes, the BONEYARD!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
He does throw a nice deep ball. His decision making while throwing on the run? Not so good. He also throws knuckle balls out in the flat.
With a serviceable line like Hardcore states, who knows. It is gonna be a wild competition next year.

Reaction Score
He was on the run a lot today and kept plays alive by avoiding the rush. He needs to get more mph on some of his sideline throws. I bet he has a 75% chance of being the starter next year. Has to improve the decision making.

Reaction Score

His mobility and quick release are his best attributes. His arm seems average but perhaps can be worked on. His energy level (low intensity) is poor and unispirational. Compare his on field persona to Baker Mayfield ! looking forward to seeing who wins the competition next year. Have a feeling it won't be Pindell.

Oklahoma in playoff hunt thanks to nation's best player, Baker Mayfield

Reaction Score
I just wonder if tjey can get him to grip the ball by the laces. I bet that alone would increase the wuality of his sideline throws.

He showed a lot on that final drive. One bad play when he scrambled for no gain instead of throwing it away.

His left handed incompletion was a really heads up play. The line improved from last year, but the right side freshman struggled yesterday. Them taking the next step coupled with an upgraded running game will help whoever the QB is immensely.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Scott Frost wanted Marvin Washington. That’s all I need to know about his chances to start next year.

Reaction Score
Our vertical passing game sucks. Pindell will have to improve that next year. He will have the same compliment of receivers next year. The kid has wheels though. Keeps us in games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom