Why we will win the AAC tournament. | The Boneyard

Why we will win the AAC tournament.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We are 5-1 at home in conference with the lone loss being to Houston when we were missing Adams. Yes, we haven't played Memphis, Cincy, or SMU at home but if we win 2-3 of those games you would have to think this teams would be confident enough to take care of business on our home court.

Reaction Score
I just rewatched the Cincy game and we have to close out their 3 point shooters. They look like a final 4 team. They can go inside out and defend. Maybe with great reffing we can get by them in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Lets see what happens in the rematches first. Show some progress and Hartford looks like it could get interesting. Get slammed again, especially more than once out of these last 6 and I would worry. Remaining hopeful.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
ONE GAME AT A TIME
That's what you have to do with a team like this.
When they are on they are good but they are fragile and young - tough going against older and more experienced teams
Its a crap shoot

Reaction Score
Okay. 1 game at a time. Memphis at home. I think they can get this in a close one!

Reaction Score
betting 400 on uconn ata home vs smu, I know they get up for that game. Prob will be dogs too

Reaction Score
In a year where its basically win the AAC Tournament or bust as far as our NCAA Tournament hopes are concerned, this is the kind of year you want the conference tournament in Hartford.

Reaction Score
In a year where its basically win the AAC Tournament or bust as far as our NCAA Tournament hopes are concerned, this is the kind of year you want the conference tournament in Hartford.
Just think the last 3 years of how Uconn has beaten cincinnati
kilpatrick missed layup-2014
boatright gw with .5 to go -2015
80 FOOT 3 jalen adams with .4 to go in 4 OT -2016
Becoming a nice rivalry

Reaction Score
Becoming a nice rivalry
God I still can not believe that shot. I failed as a fan that day. It was a super rainy day in Bogota, in some small bar watching on my tablet with free wifi, my nagging gf asking when we could get taxi home, haha (love her, now she is my wife). I saw cincy hit that dagger of a 3 with like .4 seconds or less and proclaimed ¨f$%& that¨and stormed out. I remember when checking another score in a game I was interested in later that night and seeing ¨Miracle 80 foot 3 sends Uconn to 4th overtime and eventual win¨or something like that with a big beautiful picture under. I looked back up at the box score at the top of the page, still not believing what I had just read. I saw the 4OT next to Uconn and cincy...¨what?¨I said to myself and my eyes very slowly panned to the score. I think I even transposed the score at first. I always do that with Uconn, but only them. Than I refocused and said to myself Öh my freakin god, what happened here?? What? No way!! I scrolled down and saw the big bold letters and a video of the shot. Even after seeing it I could not believe it. I watched it numerous times. I even called my gf over and said ¨remember when I stormed out of that bar?¨ Look at what happened next, I was such a crappy fan today, look at what I missed!¨ Wow. The only time I ever left before the clock read 0.0. Never again.

Reaction Score
Becoming a nice rivalry
Yes, I agree 100%. Our rivalry with Cincy has been the one shining light in a dark tunnel as far as playing in the AAC goes. Outside of the last time we played them, I honestly cannot remember the last time a game vs Cincy was a blowout W for either team.

Reaction Score
Yes, I agree 100%. Our rivalry with Cincy has been the one shining light in a dark tunnel as far as playing in the AAC goes. Outside of the last time we played them, I honestly cannot remember the last time a game vs Cincy was a blowout W for either team.
I think all the other games were decided by a possession and/or went to overtime, at least since AAC play.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I just rewatched the Cincy game and we have to close out their 3 point shooters. They look like a final 4 team. They can go inside out and defend. Maybe with great reffing we can get by them in Hartford.
THey didn't look like a final four team against SMU

Reaction Score
THey didn't look like a final four team against SMU
to both points, it's hard to win at smu so that's no biggie, don't think cincy is a final 4 team because I don't think they would win a shootout depending on the draw vs the likes of: duke/kansas/ucla.
I do think that their physical play tho is gonna rough up some players and maybe lead em to a sweet 16 trip.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
to both points, it's hard to win at smu so that's no biggie, don't think cincy is a final 4 team because I don't think they would win a shootout depending on the draw vs the likes of: duke/kansas/ucla.
I do think that their physical play tho is gonna rough up some players and maybe lead em to a sweet 16 trip.
THey remind me of an old Pitt team and see where the rough stuff got them. I think they don't make it out of the first weekend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom