Why we should not care | The Boneyard

Why we should not care

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

We should not care about going to the ACC... it is a collapse waiting to happen:

Feel free to correct my numbers and teams I may be missing something

1) FSU, and Clemson, Ville WILL go to the big 12 bank on it (leaves 3 spots)

2) BiG 10 will take Georgia tech, UNC and Virginia, BC (leaves no spot)

3) Miami And Va tech to SEC grades and location are ideal (no spots)

4) that leaves USF , Pitt, Cuse, duke, wake forest, NC State and Uconn (all fighting for 3 whole spots... Who thinks we get a spot?)

Also hear the 4 super conferences will give the NCAA the old

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
One thing you have that is rough. Georgia Tech in the Big Ten and Big 12.

Sextuple option.

Unless Georgia Tech and GTech are different schools. I'm assuming 'BC' js Boston College? Yes what a perfect fit in the Big 10 being the Boston land grant university and all...

F

fortebleedsblue

I'm not crying I'm telling you that this WILL happen. The will probably collapse and if they dont they will lose their best bball and fb programs. That puts Uconn in another awkward spot because at that point Uconn may have burned it's big east bridge.

APA

Reaction Score
We should not care about going to the ACC... it is a collapse waiting to happen:

Feel free to correct my numbers and teams I may be missing something

1) FSU, and Clemson, Ville WILL go to the big 12 bank on it (leaves 3 spots)

2) BiG 10 will take Georgia tech, UNC and Virginia, BC (leaves no spot)

3) Miami And Va tech to SEC grades and location are ideal (no spots)

4) that leaves USF , Pitt, Cuse, duke, wake forest, NC State and Uconn (all fighting for 3 whole spots... Who thinks we get a spot?)

Also hear the 4 super conferences will give the NCAA the old
Not quite sure what you mean about grades, Miami is an excellent school.

Reaction Score
The other problem with your math - it presumes the PAC12 sits by and idly watches as it gets cordoned off. Unless, in your mind they are salivating to add Boise, New Mexico, UTEP, and SDSU/Fresno.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Why BC to the B1G and not UConn?? BC is a private school that can't carry Boston. UConn is covered as much in Boston as BC is. Why do you think BC is so scared of UConn being in the same conference as they are? Because they know if both schools are on equal footing, most recruits and fans are going to choose UConn over BC.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Conspiracy Kitty needs to bury this turd in the litter box...deep.

F

fortebleedsblue

The other problem with your math - it presumes the PAC12 sits by and idly watches as it gets cordoned off. Unless, in your mind they are salivating to add Boise, New Mexico, UTEP, and SDSU/Fresno.

PAC 12 is out of play for Uconn... Unless they poach the big 12 ...

Reaction Score
PAC 12 is out of play for Uconn... Unless they poach the big 12 ...

It was meant as a response to the math being done initally and was not directed at UConn directly. Like Blandschun, i see the odds of Pac 12 not making another run at prarie schools - OK, TX - is near zero. When that happens, what happens to B12? That is the thing that scares the bejeezus out of MHVer, FSU and others eyeing the B12 as a landing spot. Ville is whoring themselves out to get in to ACC - why not B12, where they desperately wanted in last year?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I would bet my house that some of those moves will happen but not all of them. Big Ten will not take 4 more. They might take one and try to get ND. FSU's alums are in an uproar but they don't have the juice to build their own network which they would need if they want to go to the B12. SEC might go for VT, NCState, but not Miami.

Reaction Score
SEC has zero interest in expanding in to markets it already owns, e.g., FL. It has its eyes on NC and Va. My guess is one of the Pac12 or SEC will make a run at OK. I would bet on SEC as they are conference least interested in eyeballs and most interested in dominating CFB (or, as they say there, setting the record straight after that upset in the civil war)

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that the ACC will be the first super conference and go to 16 teams adding the rest of the big East ville, Uconn, Cincy etc. Think that might be the only way to solidify the conference in the long run. Looks like all the big conferences are going to expand to atleast 14, but ideally to 16 in the long run. More teams = more $$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom