Why We Are Better | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why We Are Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As Geno said Bria, Steph and Stewie are All Americans and playing like it. Moriah is playing like it also. So the question is who else has 4 All Americans? The answer is no other team and we also have the best coach in the game.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Loyd is a very good player. So is McBride. But can anyone seriously argue that they, as a backcourt, are better than MoJet and Bria? Achonwa has become a very good player. But can anyone seriously argue that she is better than, or even as good as, Stef? Braker is a decent player, but can you seriously compare her to TBS? That leaves a comparison of Allen and KML. No contest, even if KML is at 70%. So what about the bench? We have defensive demon Kiah, battle-proven and solid defensive player Banks and solid eighth player Chong. They have Reimer, Cable and Mabry. I think we compare very nicely. Muffet is an excellent coach, but Geno is the best. On the question of team defense, the Huskies are unquestionably superior.

In short, we have the advantage on talent, experience, and team defense. I like our chances. IF they can shoot 60+% on their threes, and IF a couple of our players get into early foul trouble, and IF a lot of rebounds just ricochet into their hands and IF we draw a set of zebras who are impressed by flops, they could win. Under normal conditions, we win by 12-15 points, maybe more.

One other thing; Our starting five, at least, are all “gamers”; they are at their best when faced with a serious challenge. Their play against Houston and SMU was not bad, but you could tell that they were just not at their highest level of concentration. If we do end up playing ND for the NC, they will be. I hope I get to see it.

* Loyd is an extraordinary athlete, student of the game and capable of being unguardable.
* McBride can and has gone off and destroyed UConn in the past.
* Achonwa is playing very well, cutting to the basket in a masterful fashion but will struggle a bit with the UConn defense and
especially in dealing with us defensively vis-a-vis fouls

The rest is not extraordinary, especially if you guard Mabrey (if you don't, you may be in trouble).

I think the back-courts might cancel each other out…Loyd will have less room to maneuver with Mo guarding her.
The problem for ND is that they have no anwers for our front-court on either end.

But this is a serious team, not to be taken lightly and has the capacity, much more than any of the others to even take a single game if everything works for them.

I don't think they will/can.

But it will be a fun and slightly nerve-wracking watch.

To insist that we're far, far superior is the hight of folly.
We may very well be, but it has to be decided on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom