Why Wait 'till the 2nd Half | The Boneyard

Why Wait 'till the 2nd Half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
I can't help but scratch my head for the last two seasons at Napier's dominance in the 2nd half and overtimes, but relatively poor scoring in the first half. Notice, I said poor scoring, not poor play. He tends to try and set up teammates in the first half and really doesn't look for his shot like he does when the team is down.

We tend to be very successful when 'Bazz looks for his shot in the second half. Why isn't that happening in the first half? I don't remember Kemba waiting around to score. I'd like to see KO run some stuff for 'Bazz in the first half to get him going as a scorer. I'd also like to see 'Bazz take it upon himself to look for his shot.

Any of you gurus out there (I.e. Champs) have any insight into what's going on in the first half vs. what's going on in the 2nd half. Why are FGA's going up? What is he doing that's getting him baskets. What aren't we doing in the first half that we're doing in the second half?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I can't help but scratch my head for the last two seasons at Napier's dominance in the 2nd half and overtimes, but relatively poor scoring in the first half. Notice, I said poor scoring, not poor play. He tends to try and set up teammates in the first half and really doesn't look for his shot like he does when the team is down.

We tend to be very successful when 'Bazz looks for his shot in the second half. Why isn't that happening in the first half? I don't remember Kemba waiting around to score. I'd like to see KO run some stuff for 'Bazz in the first half to get him going as a scorer. I'd also like to see 'Bazz take it upon himself to look for his shot.

Any of you gurus out there (I.e. Champs) have any insight into what's going on in the first half vs. what's going on in the 2nd half. Why are FGA's going up? What is he doing that's getting him baskets. What aren't we doing in the first half that we're doing in the second half?

Short term vs. long term goals. Bazz can win us these games by looking for his own shot from go, but ultimately that doesn't develop the whole team for when it matters in March.

In my opinion Bazz hits the pedal when it appears we will not win otherwise. When the development of those around him becomes secondary to the immediate task at hand, ensuring we win.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Short term vs. long term goals. Bazz can win us these games by looking for his own shot from go, but ultimately that doesn't develop the whole team for when it matters in March.

In my opinion Bazz hits the pedal when it appears we will not win otherwise. When the development of those around him becomes secondary to the immediate task at hand, ensuring we win.

Yes, I remember hearing SN say that he wants to get his teammates involved early. So that makes sense.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Totally agree. I wish he had a few additional components to this team for all of us to see him play his optimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom