Why UConn's Dan Hurley believes guard R.J. Cole could be 'more dynamic player' this season | The Boneyard

Why UConn's Dan Hurley believes guard R.J. Cole could be 'more dynamic player' this season

Reaction Score
Article from Mike Anthony of the New Haven Register. Should I start this discussion by asking what the expectations for Cole are this season? Or do we already have a thread like this since there seems to be one for every player?

“Last year, it was a little disappointing for me just because of what I know I’m capable of,” Cole said. “I know I wasn’t consistent a lot. It took me a minute to get to where I was at the end of the season. But now, just making sure that I continue to get in the gym, working hard, make sure I stay on that consistent path where now I don’t have to worry about having any slumps. And if I do have a slump, maybe I know how to get myself out of it.”

Free access link: Why UConn's Dan Hurley believes guard R.J. Cole could be 'more dynamic player' this season

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pretty wild how RJ shot the same percentage from 3 as he did from 2 last year- 38%. Honestly, it would huge if he can get that overall shooting percentage into the 40's.

Reaction Score
In our last 10 games (to make it easy to calculate... about half our season) he averaged

13.4 PPG
3.1 RPG
4.7 APG

1.1 TO

41% FG (11.5 attempts per)
44% 3PT (4.5 attempts per game)

This is including the two horrendous post-season games, and in general was a pretty rigorous part of our schedule.

If we can replicate this kind of production in the Big East (particularly keeping the turnovers low), we will be in a very good spot at the 1. If he can bump up his 2pt% even 5%, we'll be in a VERY good spot.

Reaction Score
In our last 10 games (to make it easy to calculate... about half our season) he averaged

13.4 PPG
3.1 RPG
4.7 APG

1.1 TO

41% FG (11.5 attempts per)
44% 3PT (4.5 attempts per game)

This is including the two horrendous post-season games, and in general was a pretty rigorous part of our schedule.

If we can replicate this kind of production in the Big East (particularly keeping the turnovers low), we will be in a very good spot at the 1. If he can bump up his 2pt% even 5%, we'll be in a VERY good spot.
If you noticed UConn’s success mirrored Cole ‘s success.
You have to have multiple scoring options. Without Cole teams just made life miserable for Bouk. With him not so much .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom