Why to get excited. . . . | The Boneyard

Why to get excited. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
George DeLeone is no longer calling plays on offense. DeLeone became a lightning rod for criticism for a necrotic offense that averaged only 17 points per game. In his place steps T.J. Weist, whose eight returning starters are about to get introduced to a far more attacking style of play-calling from its new coach.

This comes from a UConn spring wrapup on a website that rhymes with gout, stout, or rout. References to said posting were attempted recently but somehow have magically disappeared. Love the use of the word "necrotic"

The unnamed website that rhymes with pout points to defensive losses as "reason to be grouchy".

I'll throw in my own "Why to worry": DeLeone is still part of the staff as offensive line coach, and it's unclear if he and his old friend Paul Pasqualoni are "all-in" with the changes Weist has promised.

Reaction Score
George DeLeone is no longer calling plays on offense. DeLeone became a lightning rod for criticism for a necrotic offense that averaged only 17 points per game. In his place steps T.J. Weist, whose eight returning starters are about to get introduced to a far more attacking style of play-calling from its new coach.

This comes from a UConn spring wrapup on a website that rhymes with gout, stout, or rout. References to said posting were attempted recently but somehow have magically disappeared. Love the use of the word "necrotic"

The unnamed website that rhymes with pout points to defensive losses as "reason to be grouchy".

I'll throw in my own "Why to worry": DeLeone is still part of the staff as offensive line coach, and it's unclear if he and his old friend Paul Pasqualoni are "all-in" with the changes Weist has promised.
This depends on Weist's autonomy (how's that for obvious?) . I can't help but relate this situation to the arrival of Morehead to RE's staff. Supposedly, Morehead brought an exciting no-huddle system that consistently created highly ranked college offenses. Yet, the UCONN offense he put on the field, albeit successful, looked a lot like those of
his RE influenced predecessors.

So, one has to wonder if WM has "warned" PP that next season's offense better look more like Cincy's and less like UCONN 2012?

Reaction Score
This depends on Weist's autonomy (how's that for obvious?) . I can't help but relate this situation to the arrival of Morehead to RE's staff. Supposedly, Morehead brought an exciting no-huddle system that consistently created highly ranked college offenses. Yet, the UCONN offense he put on the field, albeit successful, looked a lot like those of his RE influenced predecessors.

I may be wrong, but I got the impression Edsall was much more controlling of the offensive playcalling than Pasqualoni is.

Reaction Score
Next season is going to be exciting for one reason or another. Either we'll have a good offense and win some games and go bowling, or we'll be looking for a new head coach. I can't imagine P will survive another 5-7 season.

Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but I got the impression Edsall was much more controlling of the offensive playcalling than Pasqualoni is.

He has a different relationship with the new guy. Last year, it sometimes seemed that PP was loyal, to a fault, to a guy with which he shares a brain. It will be interesting to see how much leeway Weist is given.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

LOL - Necrotic is perfect..

I think the term or art for referencing that site is TOS (The Other Site).

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01