Why the silent treatment for Evina? | The Boneyard

Why the silent treatment for Evina?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Evina will have a better season than last season. She will return to her form as a Tennessee sophomore and better since she has command of the UCONN system and has played a season with the core players. Plus she is healthy! So with my new "Tony brand" rose colored glasses here is my "dream" (delusion?). In any case Evina is not getting enough attention.
1636127325987.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Evina will have a better season than last season. She will return to her form as a Tennessee sophomore and better since she has command of the UCONN system and has played a season with the core players. Plus she is healthy! So with my new "Tony brand" rose colored glasses here is my "dream" (delusion?). In any case Evina is not getting enough attention.
View attachment 70751
We are still opening up our new toys.

Reaction Score
View attachment 70751
Agree completely with 1,2, and 7, and would not be surprised at the others except for 6. I suspect that virtually every returnee is likely to play fewer minutes per game than last year, including Evina even if she is significantly better. Every returnee has at least someone who "could" be a threat to their starting position (except Paige), or minutes in general (except maybe Aaliyah).

It sounds like Azzi, Caroline and Dorka will get regular minutes, they come out of somebody's time. Geno has implied that he will not have to play some starters as many minutes because of the much improved depth. The percentage of the game played by starters in general should decrease some regardless of who those starters are.

If Geno decided to pick up the pace, fast break and press more, that would be even more true, but even though I favor that strategy, I haven't heard Geno give any indication that he is leaning in that direction.

Basically being better doesn't mean you get more playing time with a far more loaded and deep roster. The only player I think is likely to get more is Aaliyah, and that is only if she becomes a starter. If she comes off the bench she could get fewer minutes as well with Dorka playing some at PF in addition to C.

Every returning player should be better because of more experience. Evina has the extra hope of additional gains from being more completely recovered. Christyn and Paige could be better after their surgeries as well. Liv in particular, but also the other bigs could be better because of going against Dorka in practice every day, and of course Aaliyah had the olympic experience.

If I was guessing who might be the most improved I would would say Evina would be in the top 3 along with Aaliyah and Nika.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I certainly hope that the assumption about Evina's knee is accurate and it is consistent with snippets of information coming out of practice. It is not consistent with what we heard out of Shea Ralph last January (I think) when Shea said Evina's knee would always require special maintenance treatment as long as she was playing the game. That's not a 100% knee. It is the rare knee that has gone under the knife that doesn't need some extra loving attention, so maybe Shea's report and current info are consistent, but I doubt it.

Reaction Score
Gotta tell you.
Those above numbers indicate a very well balanced game.
Also doesn’t foul a lot.
Steady, settling presence will get her on the floor.
IMHO

Reaction Score
Evina has gotten less attention that she deserves, likely because as @

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I certainly hope that the assumption about Evina's knee is accurate and it is consistent with snippets of information coming out of practice. It is not consistent with what we heard out of Shea Ralph last January (I think) when Shea said Evina's knee would always require special maintenance treatment as long as she was playing the game. That's not a 100% knee. It is the rare knee that has gone under the knife that doesn't need some extra loving attention, so maybe Shea's report and current info are consistent, but I doubt it.
True, I have an ankle tht I twisted 5 years ago tht still needs extra loving attention, I miss the good ole days whn twisted ankles healed in 2 days.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
To me it boils down to...the 5 tht finishes the big and or tight games, hopefully tht 5 will be on the court bcus of chemistry and not foul trouble.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I watched the Iowa game last night, the game when Evina almost achieved the triple double. She was just unbelievable in that game, and now that her knee problems are behind her ( fingers crossed ) she may be hard to keep out of the line up. We've been talking endlessly about minute distribution, and a new and improved Evina will not help the situation. I love this girl and I hope she is able to showcase her talents for the WNBA big wigs.

Reaction Score
I think she’ll just double down and be a more consistent version of what she was last year. I never saw her at Tennessee so I don’t know what kind of form that is but I felt the role she played was fine as long as it’s night to night.

Reaction Score
Evina 'Mom' Westbrook appears to be a wonderful young lady. Her overall aura is an outstanding one. Watching her play last year and reading about her on the BY and other sites seem to confirm that. She is a leader, teacher, coach in the making or may be capable of higher levels for sure. What an asset. If healthy, she will be be a the glue to the success of our team. Smart and unselfish. Many of the players look up to her and how impt it is. She is a great basketball player and will help a WNBA team if she chooses. Who knows, Evina may enter politics in the future and be someone our nation looks up to.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think Evina will certainly be a very important part of the team but, I suspect like all the returning players, her minutes will be reduced with the expansion of rotation players available, so while I expect better more efficient play, I doubt her her totals will exceed last year. Maybe she increases scoring to 10 ppg but rebounds and assists probably not. I do expect higher shooting percentages but probably fewer shots. And I expect her A/TO to be above 2.0

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
View attachment 70751
Agreed. Again I note that in all the configurations used by Geno the other day there wasn't one lineup that didn't include Paige, Evina, and Aaliyah.

Reaction Score
I love this, there isn’t anyone else on the team that I hope has an awesome season more than her. I just love the way she has embraced her time at UCONN!

Reaction Score
Evina is the steady hand on the rudder, and you need that steady hand. Rest assured she will keep her head in all situations and not start doing stupid things.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom