Why The Selection Committee is a Joke | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Why The Selection Committee is a Joke

Reaction Score
"Indiana State was one of the feel-good stories of college basketball this year. The school’s success in 2023-24 evoked the halcyon days of Larry Bird, and reversed decades of mediocrity for one incredible run. In the end a 29-6 record wasn’t good enough for the selection committee, who snubbed the Sycamores for their loss in the Missouri Valley tournament to Drake, pushing Indiana State to the NIT.

"The choice was antithetical to everything we love about college basketball in March. Here we had an exciting mid-major, led by one of the most intriguing players in the nation in spectacled, do-everything big man Robbie Avila — and yet we were instead subjected to the ponderous mediocrity of Virginia (23-11), who were bounced in the first four."

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think you have to peel the onion to see what happened to the Big East in the NIT. First, Xavier was not good as they were below 0.500 and lost by 2 at Georgia. Carter, BE POY, didn't play for Providence and they looked disinterested. Holloway said Setoh Hall was devastated to not make the NCAAs and he left it up to the team if they wanted to play in the NIT. They looked disinterested. Butler lost by 1.

I wouldn't read anything into the play of the BE in the NIT.
I question the convictions of players who do not play hard and coaches who make excuses.
Looks like the NBE is full of them

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
It was once the case that you only got a tournament credit if you won. Has that changed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom