Why not pass, pass run??? | The Boneyard

Why not pass, pass run???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For two years I have been screaming for the TE's to be used way more than they are. Both have great hands and are usually 4-6 inches taller than the D. Let them play volleyball for 5-10 yards at will... sigh.

Reaction Score
Am I missing something? No timeouts. 17 seconds left. Why not try 2 fades to our gigantic receivers and if those fail, then run!!!!

What a horrible job Coach Diaco.

Pass, pass, run was the only option after burning the TO. You couldn't count on getting more than one running play off. There was nothing to lose by throwing two quick passes that couldn't be picked off first.

Reaction Score
Am I missing something? No timeouts. 17 seconds left. Why not try 2 fades to our gigantic receivers and if those fail, then run!!!!

Per the man himself:

TheUConnBlog ‏@TheUConnBlog
14m14 minutes ago
Diaco: now you're on the half yard line. If we throw, what if it's picked? what if it's batted? I know all of that.

He was afraid the ball MAY have been batted or picked.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Per the man himself:

TheUConnBlog ‏@TheUConnBlog
14m14 minutes ago
Diaco: now you're on the half yard line. If we throw, what if it's picked? what if it's batted? I know all of that.

He was afraid the ball MAY have been batted or picked.

Bob Diaco was afraid to take a delay. The result would have been that Bryant Sheriffs would have to throw the ball seven yards instead of two.

SEVEN YARDS.

Reaction Score
Bob Diaco was afraid to take a delay. The result would have been that Bryant Sheriffs would have to throw the ball seven yards instead of two.

SEVEN YARDS.

While we should have been better organized and not have had to make the choice, you absolutely take the time out there rather than lose 5 yards. 17 seconds after a TO left us plenty of time to get three more plays off from the 1/2 yard line. You just had to reserve the run -- if you wanted to run -- until 4th down.

zls44

Reaction Score
Honestly, the rush idea doesn't concern me nearly as much as what Diaco said about his thought process. He admitted he would never pass in that situation. Its bad enough when the opposition knew that BEFORE he said it, but now? Now, expect to face all-out blitzes on most goal line packages, especially late in games.

Behind this line, that could be the end of Bryant.

zls44

Reaction Score
While we should have been better organized and not have had to make the choice, you absolutely take the time out there rather than lose 5 yards.

Underneath would have been more open and provided more options for guys cutting routes. In that situation, I'd almost rather have the defense need to cover more ground.

But you have to start with a pass play. You have to trust your QB- who hasn't made a mistake all day- can not throw a pick-6 there.

Reaction Score
Not letting BS win with 17 secs left with either pass or run is just unacceptable. BS can throw with option to run. We could have got minimal 2-3 secs off with no time out.

This coach cost us the game. There were so many other coaching blunders throughout the game besides the last 17 secs. It is time we get rid of this guy and let him go learn how to coach at someone else's expense.

Reaction Score
Honestly, the rush idea doesn't concern me nearly as much as what Diaco said about his thought process. He admitted he would never pass in that situation. Its bad enough when the opposition knew that BEFORE he said it, but now? Now, expect to face all-out blitzes on most goal line packages, especially late in games.

Behind this line, that could be the end of Bryant.

"He admitted that he would never pass in that situation" ? Bobby-Boy D must go. He needs to be relieved of command. He's an idiot - and worse, a loser. From now on let BS make his own call. Don't ever let that man tell you what play to call, son.

Reaction Score
Not letting BS win with 17 secs left with either pass or run is just unacceptable. BS can throw with option to run. We could have got minimal 2-3 secs off with no time out.

This coach cost us the game. There were so many other coaching blunders throughout the game besides the last 17 secs. It is time we get rid of this guy and let him go learn how to coach at someone else's expense.
Agree with you on the first part, categorically disagree on the second. For as much ridicule as he deserves for royally screwing up the end, he deserves the praise for taking a team down 21-0 and getting them to 28-24 with the ball on the 1.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Because Diaco...that's why.

He was afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics