Why Not Bazz?? | The Boneyard

Why Not Bazz??

Reaction Score
A lot of NBA teams are looking for backup PGs..Even working out formerly retired guys..Why not Bazz??

Reaction Score
He's short and can't defend? And maybe old enough where he's lost a step?

Reaction Score
Bazz can play in the nba. So can a lot of other guys though. The bottom of the nba pool of players is even more competitive than the top.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There are only so many spots for the backup backup point guard and there just isn’t one of them available for him right now. He’s in the Euro to 10-day contract orbit now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He doesn’t need to play in the nba. He’s a great player who has a good spot in Europe m. He’s making a lot money and playing bazz level basketball. Nothings wrong with that picture

Yep. He's made a bit over $10M in the NBA. He should still have a few million after taxes, agents, life, etc. He can play for the proverbial love of the game for another 5 years or so playing and visiting some great parts of the world. He's still high level Euro ball good.

Shabazz Napier Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Reaction Score
Actually was expecting a little more optimism form a Husky Message Board..

It is what t is

Guess his NBA career is over.

Reaction Score
He's a giant compared to Tremont Waters...

I wonder what is up with the Celtics
Waters is 23yrs old so has development potential and he succeeded in NBDL scoring, assists, winning - so possible at least that translates to next level. That said I haven't seen it in his NBA minutes.

By contrast Shabazz is now 30 and is what he is in terms of an NBA player. So although he could help immediately more than a Tremont, there isn't a dramatic possible upside down the road. I'd have far less rationale and pickup Shabazz in a nanosecond if the comp was Carson 'cold check' Edwards. For every shot Edwards passes up (which are few) he then takes 2 bad/quick/heat check shots.

Obviously the Celtics are in semi-bridge year with Shroder on the cheap providing defense at PG and drives to the rim that the team has lacked. Then guys like JRich & Horford may help or be one year rentals for a big trade (Beal). I semi-like the way Stevens removed half of the impediments from the roster (Semi, Tacko, Thompson) that distracted or made their 2nd units inefficient. But they are still stuck with mediocre draft picks, Langford, GWilliams and Nesmith. 2/3 of those guys need to develop into at least solid role players for them to contend for top-4 in east in 21-22. Bucks & Nets currently well ahead of them and they are unlikely to supplant hence the bridge year - IF things fall well Celtics could be in next tier yet still I'd put them 6th in east behind Hawks, Heat & Sixers. Their plan likely is to step into void when Nets troika inevitably breaks apart.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Yep. He's made a bit over $10M in the NBA. He should still have a few million after taxes, agents, life, etc. He can play for the proverbial love of the game for another 5 years or so playing and visiting some great parts of the world. He's still high level Euro ball good.

Shabazz Napier Stats | Basketball-Reference.com
And might conceivably have a career in coaching down the road as well.

Reaction Score
Bazz can play in the nba. So can a lot of other guys though. The bottom of the nba pool of players is even more competitive than the top.
Let’s give boat some run now. Even for 10 days. Before jalen gets his. Love Bazz. The league just doesn’t for some reason.

Reaction Score
No he’s not. TJ is absurdly underrated. TJ is better at pretty much everything
What are you smoking? I follow the Pacers and TJ is what he is, a solid backup. I would take Shabazz in an instant over him

Reaction Score
And might conceivably have a career in coaching down the road as well.
He would make an excellent coach. I will always believe that he had the highest basketball IQ of any player we’ve ever had in Storrs.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Waters is 23yrs old so has development potential and he succeeded in NBDL scoring, assists, winning - so possible at least that translates to next level. That said I haven't seen it in his NBA minutes.

By contrast Shabazz is now 30 and is what he is in terms of an NBA player. So although he could help immediately more than a Tremont, there isn't a dramatic possible upside down the road. I'd have far less rationale and pickup Shabazz in a nanosecond if the comp was Carson 'cold check' Edwards. For every shot Edwards passes up (which are few) he then takes 2 bad/quick/heat check shots.

Obviously the Celtics are in semi-bridge year with Shroder on the cheap providing defense at PG and drives to the rim that the team has lacked. Then guys like JRich & Horford may help or be one year rentals for a big trade (Beal). I semi-like the way Stevens removed half of the impediments from the roster (Semi, Tacko, Thompson) that distracted or made their 2nd units inefficient. But they are still stuck with mediocre draft picks, Langford, GWilliams and Nesmith. 2/3 of those guys need to develop into at least solid role players for them to contend for top-4 in east in 21-22. Bucks & Nets currently well ahead of them and they are unlikely to supplant hence the bridge year - IF things fall well Celtics could be in next tier yet still I'd put them 6th in east behind Hawks, Heat & Sixers. Their plan likely is to step into void when Nets troika inevitably breaks apart.

Dump kemba hurts in multiple ways, including the loss of a major trade asset and al being worth maybe half of his current contract.

But this team is deep, and I still think nes becomes a much needed shooter on this roster.

Funny how different the story of the Celtics is if they won the coin flip with Miami. Herro not being on Miami let’s Boston at least go to the Finals, and if he shot for Boston like he did fir Miami, very possible they win

Reaction Score
What are you smoking? I follow the Pacers and TJ is what he is, a solid backup. I would take Shabazz in an instant over him

Nah you’re wrong on this.

Reaction Score
i love shabazz but there's a reason tj is making awfully close to 8 figures and shabazz isn't on a roster. teej is a great defender and just averaged 9/7 on 56% shooting....bazz never touching that. i'll maintain portland never should have let him go though. think shabazz should be on a roster but the league is as competitive as it's ever been for those bench spots

Reaction Score
With Bazz’s size and athleticism he really needed to be 40%+ from 3 to stay in the league (career 34%). Now at his age, he’s better off playing overseas and making as much money as he can. PG is an insanely competitive/deep position in the NBA.

Reaction Score
i love shabazz but there's a reason tj is making awfully close to 8 figures and shabazz isn't on a roster. teej is a great defender and just averaged 9/7 on 56% shooting....bazz never touching that. i'll maintain portland never should have let him go though. think shabazz should be on a roster but the league is as competitive as it's ever been for those bench spots
Because the Pacers are dumb. Good for TJ making tons of close range bunnies and layups, he took less than 1 three-pointer a game and shot under 70% from free throw line…so I’d say that shooting % is skewed. Not too mention under 30% from deep. Bazz has been half 2s and half 3s and avg 12 and 4 his last year, so in terms of shooting I would take Bazz every single time…TJ isn’t a shooter, both are pretty equal defensively, and I’ll give TJ the edge on Asst/floor general

The other guy here mentioned that he is better than Bazz at everything and that is laughable. They are the same size, but play different styles, one got luckier than the other in my eyes. Put Shabazz in that role on the Pacers and he would be just as successful

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom