Why no three's with one minute left.? | The Boneyard

Why no three's with one minute left.?

Reaction Score
Even one of the announcers mentioned that the team needed the 3 ball.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the coaching would have been better had Shea been available. And great job my JE on scouting Arizona!

Reaction Score
But the foundation fell apart early when neither of our post players delivered.

Nelson-Ododa was absolutely awful. How do you miss 7 point blank layups. No focus. Hate to say it but she is not the answer next year at center. I would rather bench her and go small with AE then watch her soft, soft play.

Time for Nelson-Ododa to make herself someone that can counted on or be benched going forward.

Brought nothing to the game, and that’s been more true than not in every big game she plays. Experiment over, find someone, anyone, else to bang away inside who can actually not miss a two foot layup by three feet.

Reaction Score
I thought it was odd that UConn never tried to post up their small guard.
PB did it one time late in the game and got triple teamed and lost the ball but it should have been part of the game plan.

Reaction Score
Arizona is a smart and well coached team and was determined to deny the three-point shot by over playing and double teaming the potential 3 point shooters
And pretty much conceding the drive to the basket perhaps the commentators should
Have pointed that out

Reaction Score
It was ridiculous trading baskets with time running out when they needed 3s to catch up. Coaching was sub-par. We got out coached and outplayed. Have to congratulate C. Williams for a good game and she got robed by the terrible officiating. We need more speed and toughness. Have to give credit to Arizona for a well played game and their coach was outstanding.

Reaction Score
I thought we had a golden opportunity when we cut it to 5 with about 90 seconds left. That was an opportunity to get a big defensive stop and try to make it a one possession game. Instead Nika fouled and we never really had a chance. The game was really lost in that initial run by Arizona. They caught us off guard and we weren’t ever able to respond.

Reaction Score
I thought it was odd that UConn never tried to post up their small guard.
PB did it one time late in the game and got triple teamed and lost the ball but it should have been part of the game plan.
Agreed but the quickness of AZ to double team seemed like that team had 7 players on the court at all times.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
When you are down by multiple scores the most important thing is to score quickly, and teams usually leave the lane open and flood the perimeter to prevent threes. Nika's drive was an example of a fast score. In the end it was all desperation time anyway against a well coached team. Paige got off one three unguarded when two defenders collided, otherwise they were pretty tight on everyone and the shots would have been hoicks rather than shots.

Reaction Score
I didn’t see Geno’s post game interview but if he didn’t say he was out coached ...... he missed a big reason why they lost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom