Why no Enoch? | The Boneyard

Why no Enoch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Genuine question, not a shot at the coach necessarily... Is it still purely a defensive issue, where he isn't fully there yet on knowledge and rotations?

Against Goodwin and with no Brimah, I thought he at least could have given some solid minutes.

I haven't checked the box score, but I don't remember him out there at all... Any thoughts ?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Phil gives good minutes, and though I acknowledge his lacking on offense I'm generally OK with him getting minutes because of his D. I still though Steve could have gotten a few to use his big body against their big boys.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I saw him out there for a minute. If you did you would understand why he didn't play more. He was totally out of position. Actually, it looked like he didn't even know his position, and possibly not even what sport was being played.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I saw him out there for a minute. If you did you would understand why he didn't play more. He was totally out of position. Actually, it looked like he didn't even know his position, and possibly not even what sport was being played.

Ok, that does explain it then. It seems exactly what I thought, his learning curve on D. I must have missed that.

Reaction Score
Looks like he was playing volleyball out there, and not very well. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind he will get better, maybe even this year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Looks like he was playing volleyball out there, and not very well. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind he will get better, maybe even this year.
Same here. Most importantly, it's clear that Ollie feels the same. He said as much after the game. Enoch has just got to get a clue on defense.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It is weird though. One game no Phil, two games later, no Steve. I guess we don't know what is going on behind the scene.

Reaction Score
The Brimah Injury kind of reminds me of 2013 after the Wolf suspension.
We were doomed
This skinny nobody came off the pine to give us serviceable minutes especially in our great parting gift to the Orange.
What was that kids name?
I think it's was Phil Nolan .he never let lack of talent stop him then ,why should it stop him now.

Reaction Score
Ollie was asked about enoch during the post game press conference. He responded about his lack of defense or something like that. Don't have the exact wrote right now

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It is weird though. One game no Phil, two games later, no Steve. I guess we don't know what is going on behind the scene.

That's sort of what I'm saying too... I wasn't sure if there was something known about either of them, but it seems they're in and out of the doghouse, or it's random, or it's matchup based... I'm just not sure.

But with Steve, I thought yesterday's game if anything would be a time he'd be useful. Again, not a criticism of KO BC I dno what the thinking or reasoning is, but it somewhat confounded me in a matchup like that to not use him at all.

Reaction Score
That's sort of what I'm saying too... I wasn't sure if there was something known about either of them, but it seems they're in and out of the doghouse, or it's random, or it's matchup based... I'm just not sure.

But with Steve, I thought yesterday's game if anything would be a time he'd be useful. Again, not a criticism of KO BC I dno what the thinking or reasoning is, but it somewhat confounded me in a matchup like that to not use him at all.

He played for about one minute and had no clue on defense. When he came out G. Miller spent time with him regarding his play. KO said after the game he wants to play him more but because of his lack of defense at this time he can't.

Reaction Score
How is this fixed? I know he is a freshman but this is concerning. Is it him, coaching or combination? Its mid season and he is lost on D.

Reaction Score
He looks like he's so intent on not losing his man that he loses all track of what's going on around him. He was under the hoop with his back turned to a Memphis layup.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'd guess it's an issue of what BigErn says, he's probably focusing so much on his man that he isn't seeing the overall team defense principles and rotations. If he didn't do much of that in HS it's probably a matter of the game slowing down a bit so he isn't thinking so much, just reacting.

Reaction Score
There was one play where Enoch had his back to the play, never turned around and the player drove past him to the basket. I hope Ollie is going the short leash route. These guys don't respond to anything else.

Reaction Score
Ollie was asked about enoch during the post game press conference. He responded about his lack of defense or something like that. Don't have the exact wrote right now
That is the answer: defense and you can throw in youth. He'll learn and adjust and when he does Enoch will be a stud. He is more athletic and stronger than either Brimah or Nolan.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Hustle is a talent and so is height. Nolan has both.

Reaction Score
As I've said many times on here, Nolan should always be off the bench before Enoch. Enoch will be a good player for this program but he's too raw right now and not good enough defensively. Nolan gives us experience, hustle, and defense. He may finish some games with 0 points and 1 rebound but what he does for us does not always show up on the stat sheet.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
No disagreement, I think Phil is the type of player good teams need, and our best teams usually have one or two. Dirty work type of guy.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Goodwin is a terror. A beast lite. He would of been to much for Enoch. Enoch is going to be special. I am convinced of that. But there will be times he may need to sit, watch and learn. He has a nice hook, and fade away.

Reaction Score
Goodwin is a terror. A beast lite. He would of been to much for Enoch. Enoch is going to be special. I am convinced of that. But there will be times he may need to sit, watch and learn. He has a nice hook, and fade away.

Yes I completely agree. Frank Kaminsky averaged 1.8 points and 1.4 rebounds as a freshman. By the time he was a senior, he was NPOY. Some players take time to develop and Enoch is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom