Why Karaban is motivated by lack of individual honors: 'It fuels me' | The Boneyard

Why Karaban is motivated by lack of individual honors: 'It fuels me'

Reaction Score
Article from Borges.

"Obviously, I wouldn't trade that for the world," he said. "I'd rather win national championships. But, having that motivation feeling from snubs from the past two years, all the doubts and criticism I've received with my game from this past summer, it's really been motivating."

Alternate access:

Why UConn men's basketball's Alex Karaban is motivated by lack of individual honors: 'It fuels me'

Reaction Score
Karaban was MVP in the game against Alabama according to KenPom, but not up to Borges’ standards: “No huge injustice. Karaban wasn't at his best in the Huskies' wins over Alabama…”

Reaction Score
Karaban was MVP in the game against Alabama according to KenPom, but not up to Borges’ standards: “No huge injustice. Karaban wasn't at his best in the Huskies' wins over Alabama…”

AK is the perfect example of guy who's stats do not tell the whole story. He gets hockey assists, creates angles, draws the defense with his constant movement, boxes out so other's can get boards, etc. There's no stat for those actions.

If he has a huge year (which I think we will) and we make a serious run at #3 (which I think we will), he has to go down as one of the great players in our program's history.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
AK is the perfect example of guy who's stats do not tell the whole story. He gets hockey assists, creates angles, draws the defense with his constant movement, boxes out so other's can get boards, etc. There's no stat for those actions.

If he has a huge year (which I think we will) and we make a serious run at #3 (which I think we will), he has to go down as one of the great players in our program's history.
Well he, DIARRA and Johnson would be our only three time national champions.

Last edited:

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Article from Borges.

"Obviously, I wouldn't trade that for the world," he said. "I'd rather win national championships. But, having that motivation feeling from snubs from the past two years, all the doubts and criticism I've received with my game from this past summer, it's really been motivating."

Alternate access:

Why UConn men's basketball's Alex Karaban is motivated by lack of individual honors: 'It fuels me'

Why do i have a sneaky feeling that Hurley suggested Hass for the Lindy's cover?

CL82

Reaction Score
Hassan Diara says hello
Embarrassed Hide GIF by flor

Reaction Score
He was pretty good in that game. Everyone on UConn was.

Reaction Score
Well he, DIARRA and Johnson would be our only three time national champions.

Which raises the question, how many two time national champions have the Huskies produced? Tyler Olander was one. There were others.

CL82

Reaction Score
Which raises the question, how many two time national champions have the Huskies produced? Tyler Olander was one. There were others.
Giffey and Napier come to mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom