Why is St. John's playing Kentucky in the BE/SEC Challenge on Thursday? | The Boneyard

Why is St. John's playing Kentucky in the BE/SEC Challenge on Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who are the idiots who come up with these matchups? Yeah let's put the team that was voted to finish 12th in the Big East against the team that was expected to win the SEC and was 2nd in the country in the preseason polls. So now when Kentucky rolls them by 25 we have to hear about how the BE stinks. Thanks.

Say what you want about the ACC/B10 series but at least they match up teams that are more equal.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Who are the idiots who come up with these matchups? Yeah let's put the team that was voted to finish 12th in the Big East against the team that was expected to win the SEC and was 2nd in the country in the preseason polls. So now when Kentucky rolls them by 25 we have to hear about how the BE stinks. Thanks.

Say what you want about the ACC/B10 series but at least they match up teams that are more equal.
I always felt that Duke and North Carolina avoided the best B10 teams.

Reaction Score
Kentucky wanted to get coverage in New York for recruititng purposes. And they want a win.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Guessing Villanova, Notre Dame and Marquette, who are all not participating, turned down a game with UK.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
UK fans will fill MSG

They'll probably own the building

Reaction Score
Guessing Villanova, Notre Dame and Marquette, who are all not participating, turned down a game with UK.

Nova hasn't played in this challenge in four years. Until now, it's only been four games each year. This year, it's twelve games. Notre Dame got blasted by Ky at Freedom Hall last year. Marquette hasn't played in this in three years.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
they are just building a little rival between the two. next year sju will prob be the best team in the BE or 2nd best behind gtown. prov and nova will be 3rd and 4th best followed by marq/dep/shu. the sec will run train on the BE next year.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Has Syracuse played Kentucky yet? Boeheim has always scheduled like a

Reaction Score
Has Syracuse played Kentucky yet? Boeheim has always scheduled like a

Which is why the usually underperform in the tournament.

St. Johns must have wanted this game as well because we should certainly be playing Kentucky at the Garden; 2009 was awesome!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The game is at Rupp in Lexington, KY.
then never mind

with other people talking about UK wanting exposure in NYC, I assumed it was being played in NYC

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i also think they thought that the johnnies would have a full team and a better team

Reaction Score
yeah these challenge games are a joke. why cuse/uconn/pitt arent playing uk is utterly moronic. seeing as we handed their asses to them twice last season and the whole squid/jimmy the genius history uc/uk have built up a nice little rivalry that reallly couldve been added to with another matchup this year with both teams in the top ten.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
theres only two good sec teams... florida and uk

Reaction Score
I always felt that Duke and North Carolina avoided the best B10 teams.

I disagree...

Duke plays OSU tonight...
and off the top of my head UNC plays MSU when they were really good in '09 in what turned out to be a national title game preview

Reaction Score
they are just building a little rival between the two. next year sju will prob be the best team in the BE or 2nd best behind gtown. prov and nova will be 3rd and 4th best followed by marq/dep/shu. the sec will run train on the BE next year.

Where's my dislike button?

Reaction Score

I'm going to hope that you're assuming that Syracuse, Pitt, Uconn, Louisville, and West Virginia are all no longer in the Big East next year - right?

Reaction Score
theres only two good sec teams... florida and uk

Two great teams, maybe. But Vandy is very good, along with #12 Alabama who returns almost everyone and a #24 Miss St. team that has already made some noise early in the season. The top half of the SEC is better than people give it credit for

Reaction Score
The SEC is pretty good this year. They have as many teams in the top 25 as the BE. (5).
Ala. Is 12th, Vandy 20, and Miss. St.23. Along with UK and Fla. they make up a pretty strong conference. .

Reaction Score
Too bad the BE couldn't take the SEC Challenge games away from the defectors, SU, PItt & WVU and given them to Nova, ND and Marquette. Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
I disagree...

Duke plays OSU tonight...
and off the top of my head UNC plays MSU when they were really good in '09 in what turned out to be a national title game preview
Duke played Wisconsin two years ago as well (and lost).

Reaction Score
In the B1G-ACC challenge everybody participates. In the BE-SEC challenge not everybody participates. No wonder why every member of the BE wants out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom