Why is Hank Hughes getting a free pass? | The Boneyard

Why is Hank Hughes getting a free pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hank Hughes' defense was pathetic and no one is calling him out. It seems like there was a reason why he was passed over for DC and head coach in the past.

Reaction Score
He isn't, and he certainly shouldn't be.

He has a very talented defense, and he was torched by a 1AA yesterday. As far as i can see, he and GDL are nearing the same level of incompetence (remember, HH had his job taken from him under RE years back too)

Reaction Score
Looks like Coach P opened up an account on the Yard...... Go get us ready for Maryland "Road Dog" !!!!!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not one member of the coaching staff deserves a pass on yesterdays game. The guy in charge however should be the sole focus at this point. The buck stops there as they say.

Reaction Score
Looks like Coach P opened up an account on the Yard...... Go get us ready for Maryland "Road Dog" !!!!!!
You know that would be quite the story. I like it. Waking up the sleeping Head dog. I doubt. Just a lurker who wants to make sure that the manure is spread evenly over all of those involved.

Reaction Score
The bad news their offensives line looked like Alabama vs ND in last years BCS championship game, in the first half. 116 yrds running is redicules.
We were very unprepared and disorganized which gave the impression of overpowering us. I think it was more misreads and poor positioning than power.
The not as bad news.
Some adjustments were made at half time which had the line of.scrimmage more competative. Two turnovers lead to 2 scores.
That never happened on offense.In fact pass proctection which this QB is dead without brokedown as the game progressed. The lack of a power back was also costly.
Playing catchup can do that to you.
The D acutally put us in position to tie the game with some big second half stops.
Witmer doesn't have a bad arm but doesn't respond at all to pressure. He is over his head at this level.
Even without that last muffed punt are kick return team was awful.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Agree. Can we play Max more?

Reaction Score
Damn, I put a lot of time intoUconn athletics and this BY, and (I think) like others I am real close to the edge of saying enough.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not one member of the coaching staff deserves a pass on yesterdays game. The guy in charge however should be the sole focus at this point. The buck stops there as they say.

Right, the wrong-headed "blame GDL" crowd got P off-the-hook last year.

Reaction Score
Right, the wrong-headed "blame GDL" crowd got P off-the-hook last year.

Actually, the only person responsible for keeping Pasqualoni is our Athletic Director. Don't blame your fellow fans. Some of us may have been more patient with Coach p than we should've been, but I assure you, there were no letter-writing campaigns to Manuel begging him to keep Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
When Edsal was coach we owned the second half I thought.

Last year Cincy; this year Towson march down the field early in the second half. Towson 95 yard drive.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Actually, the only person responsible for keeping Pasqualoni is our Athletic Director. Don't blame your fellow fans. Some of us may have been more patient with Coach p than we should've been, but I assure you, there were no letter-writing campaigns to Manuel begging him to keep Pasqualoni.

Let's not rewrite history, Loop.

Reaction Score
Let's not rewrite history, Loop.

Damn. I knew I shouldn't have personally re-hired Pasqualoni. My bad yo. Sorry I destroyed the program. By like... going to games and the such.

Reaction Score
Right now I would have to give a free pass to HH, not only is he a likeable guy, he helped this program save face after Edsall left, to me he's a class act. Also he lost 6 starters on defense last year, 4 to the NFL. Also a positon change for Jones, starting safety got hurt. Was it a horrible performance, yeah it was but lets wait after 6 weeks and see if its a continuing problem like the offense who returns everybody but 2 TE's. For me it's a wait and see if he can write the ship and see if Smallwood can lead this d back to where it was or atleast head into the right direction. Not fair to kill him yet, regardless who they were playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom