Why in the world is Sheriffs still playing QB? | The Boneyard

Why in the world is Sheriffs still playing QB?

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Memphis has got their backup QB in. Also, he is quick! Maybe he wants to transfer into a starting role here?

Reaction Score
Is Pindel suited up for tonight's game? On tv, one shot of sideline looked like he was on sideline in streets........

Reaction Score
Foley should not have been in late. Hope he's ok. That's on Edsall

Reaction Score
Is it possible to get 2 years of eligibility out of Pindell if he doesn’t enter another game this year? No idea what his situation is but it seemed like they weren’t even thinking about bringing him in. If they could get him a waiver for two years, we could play Bissack, Williams, Davis or Rose at backup QB in a pinch.

Reaction Score
Is it possible to get 2 years of eligibility out of Pindell if he doesn’t enter another game this year? No idea what his situation is but it seemed like they weren’t even thinking about bringing him in. If they could get him a waiver for two years, we could play Bissack, Williams, Davis or Rose at backup QB in a pinch.

Pindell played the last drive. Should've been given the final quarter if for no other reason the game was completely out of hand by then.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The fact they put him in to basically hand the ball off and run out the clock tells me they have no intention of getting 2 years out of him. If they planned on doing that they would’ve let BS or some other backup go in there at the end.

Reaction Score
With the start of the 4th quarter & the outcome well established, those of us left in Section 103 (and there weren't many) were all questioning why Sherriffs was still playing. Give his history with concussions, one would think that he would be sitting in Lashlee's pocket on the sideline for safety reasons alone. It was well past time to give the backups (ANY backup) valuable game experience.

Reaction Score
I think it's pretty clear Pindell is not what the staff had hoped he be. Whether it's ability, attitude, or between the ears, to me Pindell is now a bridge. If he took the job and ran with it great. If not, he was a QB who gave the staff a security blanket because of his experience above HS. He allowed the staff the ability to redshirt Washington and McAfee. Bissack is serviceable, but not the answer. Williams is a WR, Davis is a hybrid TE, neither are QBs at this level. Jay Rose is also not a QB. Have you seen that kid? He's freaking Tim Tebow!!! He's 240lbs and couldn't catch a pooch kick. He can run though, so I'm all for transitioning him to LB. Next year, maybe Pindell gets comfortable and can "command" the offense. If not, McAfee and Washington (who I think the staff favors) will push hard to be the starter.

Reaction Score
Oddly I think Pindell and Sherriffs switched places this year. Pindell was seen as the guy who gets us to McAffee/Washington. Sherriffs the competent backup who lets the Frosh redshirt. After Holy Cross they switched places.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't really understand the argument for giving Pindell a quarter. Here's why:

1) Another BYer mentioned that Pindell showed in 2 minutes much of the reason why he's not starting, as harsh as that is to judge someone on a series in scrub time.

2) This is the most important point; it's not like BS had been running Lashlee's system for years. Reps still mean something for him too. Point totals continue to increase for us even with all the turnovers, seeming to indicate more of a comfort in the system.

For the sake of trying to be respectable in any game we can, I want Bryant to be as sharp as we can make him...

Reaction Score
Whoever is the coaches candidate as QB for next year, should be put in as starter for the next seven games if for nothing else, to get experience.

Otherwise next year we will have two nightmares on our hands, an offense with "0" experience at QB, and a continuing nonfunctional defense as UConn looses quite a few "experienced D" starters.

The only aspect of this program going anywhere this year is the continuing decline of fans in the stands.

Can anyone say 1-11?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Whoever is the coaches candidate as QB for next year, should be put in as starter for the next seven games if for nothing else, to get experience.

Yes, because giving Donovan Williams all those games of experience last year turned him into a much better QB this year, right?

I agree with you that we need to keep fans coming back. Scoring points helps to do that. Yet another reason Bryant should continue to get as many reps as possible...

Reaction Score

No. beat Temple. Nothing else matters.

Reaction Score
It's really odd that Pindell was named the starter so soon and now pretty much just rides the bench. I have to think the problem is between the ears

Reaction Score
It's really odd that Pindell was named the starter so soon and now pretty much just rides the bench. I have to think the problem is between the ears
I think the problem needs to be placed at least partially if not mostly with the pickers. Am sure Pindell wasn't spending his time trying to fool the coaches into thinking he was something he wasn't.

Reaction Score
Yes, because giving Donovan Williams all those games of experience last year turned him into a much better QB this year, right?

I agree with you that we need to keep fans coming back. Scoring points helps to do that. Yet another reason Bryant should continue to get as many reps as possible...
And you give Washington and McAfee a year to learn the entire playbook.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Screw that. If Pindell can't win the job then no free playing time. This team needs to learn how to earn things.

Next year is next year and I am tired of playing for next year. He will have at least 2 challengers the job. I don't want him announced or given any perceived advantages. If BS is getting beat up or playing poorly, fine. But, I want the best guys on the field at all times or why are we even bothering.

If the game is out of reach then get the guys who will be playing next week more reps.

Reaction Score
Why not? Who cares. Our defense can't stop Anything

Help me understand the desire to pull Sherriffs. The offense is scoring more than it has in several years. Frankly it’s the only positive thing about this team. Defense and special teams are hopeless.
I can’t believe the number of passes completed where our defender has his back to the play. There were at least 4 touchdowns scored against us last night where our defender never saw the ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom