Why I liked this game! | The Boneyard

Why I liked this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They didn't look as clueless at the end of the game as the women, although it was close!:cool:

All kidding aside I really thought KO had the team running a lot of different sets with quite a few different line ups.

The players missed a lot of shots in the first half but I was thrilled with their overall execution on offense. I felt this was well ahead of where I expected them to be given this is a team with so many new parts.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Here's why *I* liked this game:

UCONN won.

I got to watch it in realtime while somebody else did my fall yard cleanup, and things now look great for Thanksgiving company.

I Chromecasted WatchESPN to the big screen, after last night Chromecasting the Florida semi-final game from the UConnHuskyGames website. Now I have to figure out what to do/where to go when games are on CBS Sports Network.

I don't care how bad anyone thinks things are during (or after) the 2nd game of the season, though I now see that I was wrong to think that moods would improve as fall recruiting angst yielded to watching how the season builds.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They didn't look as clueless at the end of the game as the women, although it was close!:cool:

All kidding aside I really thought KO had the team running a lot of different sets with quite a few different line ups.

The players missed a lot of shots in the first half but I was thrilled with their overall execution on offense. I felt this was well ahead of where I expected them to be given this is a team with so many new parts.
there were different lineups out there and the starting line up only consisted of boatright from last year who started... faceys second game, purvis' first game and he looks nervous as if he didnt want to step on anyones toes or seem to hog the ball, hamilton is going to be good... brimah seems more confident offensively,if he can stay on the court we'll be good upfront... everyone else is getting used to playing with new pieces and in new places, bazz last year was able to cover a lot of our early flaws, plus he had experienced pieces around him... boat has been playing great and seems to be a good coach on the floor

ctchamps

Reaction Score

UCONN won.

I got to watch it in realtime while somebody else did my fall yard cleanup, and things now look great for Thanksgiving company.

I Chromecasted WatchESPN to the big screen, after last night Chromecasting the Florida semi-final game from the UConnHuskyGames website. Now I have to figure out what to do/where to go when games are on CBS Sports Network.

I don't care how bad anyone thinks things are during (or after) the 2nd game of the season, though I now see that I was wrong to think that moods would improve as fall recruiting angst yielded to watching how the season builds.
Well here's one for you!
Was doing my own yard work before the game. So was my new neighbor (moved in a month ago). She's hot and a widow. So talking with her isn't a bad thing on any day but today I learned she's a men's bb fan. Just loves the sport. She can't stand Kentucky. However she was sporting a Duke sweatshirt, so I treaded lightly.

She's from the Raleigh area, but surpassingly likes Duke, NCState and UNC! To her credit she enjoys watching UConn. I chose to not talk about the UNC scandal because she's nice. I did educate her on the APR fiasco. I was worried that if UConn didn't win it would be the end of any future conversations with her before games. I'm superstitious that way. Since UConn won that won't be a problem!

Yard work has gotten a whole lot better recently! :)

ctchamps

Reaction Score
there were different lineups out there and the starting line up only consisted of boatright from last year who started... faceys second game, purvis' first game and he looks nervous as if he didnt want to step on anyones toes or seem to hog the ball, hamilton is going to be good... brimah seems more confident offensively,if he can stay on the court we'll be good upfront... everyone else is getting used to playing with new pieces and in new places, bazz last year was able to cover a lot of our early flaws, plus he had experienced pieces around him... boat has been playing great and seems to be a good coach on the floor
I also liked that he played Nolan and Brimah for stretches. Wasn't productive, but it's great to let them see court time together when the outcome is still in question. He also ran a lot of sets where Boat was not on the court and where Boat played off guard. Others could question why Boat didn't handle the ball at the end of the game when Purvis was stripped, but I liked that KO gave Rodney the chance.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Well here's one for you!
Was doing my own yard work before the game. So was my new neighbor (moved in a month ago). She's hot and a widow. So talking with her isn't a bad thing on any day but today I learned she's a men's bb fan. Just loves the sport. She can't stand Kentucky. However she was sporting a Duke sweatshirt, so I treaded lightly.

She's from the Raleigh area, but surpassingly likes Duke, NCState and UNC! But to her credit she enjoys watching UConn. I chose to not talk about the UNC scandal because she's nice. I did educate her on the APR fiasco. I was worried that if UConn didn't win it would be the end of any future conversations with her before games. I'm superstitious that way. Since UConn won that won't be a problem!

Yard work has gotten a whole lot better recently! :)

Ha!...... Shouldn't this be in the "Cougar's" thread?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Ha!. Shouldn't this be in the "Cougar's" thread?
I thought about putting it there! Except I'm older than her!

I also considered putting this story in the thread about which teams we hate the most. I posted Kentucky>Pitt>Cuse in that thread. After talking with this gal I'm glad I didn't post anything negative about Duke, because I would have had to give serious consideration about retracting my thoughts.

But Hans gave me the opening because he was thrilled someone else did his yard work today! I was looking for a way to get the story in and how do you pass up that opportunity.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I liked it because UConn could have pushed the ball and ran fast breaks, beat them by 20 and learned nothing.

It seemed obvious to me that Ollie wants them running sets and he is checking out combinations.

I don't have any qualms with the score.

Reaction Score
She's hot and a widow. . . .However she was sporting a Duke sweatshirt
I'm going to say this in a way that implies a meaning I never intended before.

Nail the Dookie.

Reaction Score
I also liked that he played Nolan and Brimah for stretches. Wasn't productive, but it's great to let them see court time together when the outcome is still in question. He also ran a lot of sets where Boat was not on the court and where Boat played off guard. Others could question why Boat didn't handle the ball at the end of the game when Purvis was stripped, but I liked that KO gave Rodney the chance.

I love this. Ollie experiments and give everyone a chance. Hoping it rubs off on Diaco.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is young and they looked really good against a decent Kansas team. No excuses we just have to learn to get better on offense and soon. Hopefully rp will find his offensive game. Those 2 3's r a start.

Reaction Score

UCONN won.

"while somebody else did my fall yard cleanup"
I'm jealous.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
"while somebody else did my fall yard cleanup"
I'm jealous.
To quote Mike Ditka from "Kicking and Screaming" with Will Farrell, "I'd love to Phil, but I need to get all these leaves over to your Dad's yard by nightfall."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom