Why I don't like Aresco, latest installment | The Boneyard

Why I don't like Aresco, latest installment

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Last year was a big year for us," Aresco said. "We had Louisville in the conference, and that was a bonus. This year was a real promising year, and it was not a good start, a rough start, players not eligible. It was not as good a nonconference showing as we would have liked. But we upgraded our schedules significantly, and in that are the seeds for future success."

Excuse me dickwad? Last year was a good year because L'ville was in the conference. Think the national champs might be worth a mention? He's had a Louisville woody ever since they announced they were leaving but his praise of Connecticut has been few and far between.

Reaction Score
No context? Were you talking to him in person?

CL82

Reaction Score
No context? Were you talking to him in person?
Yeah me, Drummond and Aresco were all hanging, why don't you trust me?

(There was an Aresco interview in the Courant. I'll see if I can find it later.)

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I don't think I can agree with you here. He said having louisville in the conference was a bonus. Not that having louisville was the sole reason the conference was good. As in, on top of all the big things about the conference (I inferred that UConn winning the national title was one of the big things) we had a successful louisville team and that was a bonus.

Reaction Score
What's the point bashing Aresco? I think the current TV contract is good because of exposure. Next contract need significant increase in $$$ for TV/digital rights with the exposure. What ideas do you have to make the conference better?

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't think I can agree with you here. He said having louisville in the conference was a bonus. Not that having louisville was the sole reason the conference was good. As in, on top of all the big things about the conference (I inferred that UConn winning the national title was one of the big things) we had a successful louisville team and that was a bonus.

But nowhere does he talk about the national champions. That's a consistent pattern. The times he's mention UConn are few and far between.

What's the point bashing Aresco? I think the current TV contract is good because of exposure. Next contract need significant increase in $$$ for TV/digital rights with the exposure. What ideas do you have to make the conference better?
I don't know. What's the point of posting anything? I think he has consistent avoided praising us, which strikes me as odd.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Remember that time Aresco was talking glowingly about Louisville less than 24 hours before they joined the ACC?

The guy is a complete idiot.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I could well be wrong here (as it may be my UConn fandom viewing it as a slight) but I'm convinced the AAC is going out of their way not to give us too much attention. Perhaps they realize advertising our accomplishments (as a means of propping up the perception of the conference) may not be in their best interests as it will make us more attractive to other conferences and assist in our departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom