Why hasn't UCONN announced/promoted Mich game is sold out? | The Boneyard

Why hasn't UCONN announced/promoted Mich game is sold out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It really seems odd to me that they are not making a big deal of this.

Reaction Score
I'm fairly sure money spent to promote a sold out game is a bit wasted.

If putting out a press release is too costly, then how can we afford a new coach? :)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A press release? What local media is unaware of the game? Is it 1964?

Reaction Score
In the past UCONN used to put out press releases when football games were sold out. The papers would write about it. I guess they are not used to sold out games the last few seasons.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Channel 3 had Maryland game ads on this morning @ 6:30. Twice
Even Haney got a chuckle out of it.
W

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In the past UCONN used to put out press releases when football games were sold out. The papers would write about it. I guess they are not used to sold out games the last few seasons.

Well I hope the New Britain Herald finds out. Press releases to newspapers are the equivalent of a GDL offense.

Reaction Score

If it's any solace, it is mentioned on the front page (Quick Hits) of the distributed Media notes... ;)

http://issuu.com/uconnhuskies/docs/michigannotes092113

"With temporary seating added for the game, the largest attendance in the ten year history of Rentschler Field is anticipated."

Reaction Score
Odd year but I think we have had the smallest crowd in Rentschler history and next week we'll have the largest. Though barring a miracle, I suspect the record for the smallest is in serious jeopardy. I imagine the Memphis game will be played in front of friends and family. If it rains or snows only family.

Reaction Score
It really seems odd to me that they are not making a big deal of this.

Its not so much what happens at the front end of the game that I think they are worried about. This could be the kicking of the century and an embarrassment for all to see. This could be jus anther nail among many in UConn football's program reputation, so aggressive promotion just makes that all the worse.

Bottom line effect - "Hey, look we brought in a national level opponent and we are not ready for the big time."

Reaction Score
I would imagine they'll make some sort of announcement today at media day, so happy i'm off today and get to watch Coach P's riveting press conference LIVE! And i'm bored so I looked and it does appear to be sold out. Thank you to the 30K Michigan fans who will be attending! lol

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Well - it's official...

@UConnFootball: This week's game vs. Michigan is officially a sellout. Will be the largest crowd in the history of Rentschler Field. #BleedBlue #RingTheBell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom