Why Face to Face Interviewing Is Essential | The Boneyard

Why Face to Face Interviewing Is Essential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's actually funny and pathetic how easy it is to get people to give up information over the phone.

Police have arrested a man in Los Angeles who they say pranked at least a dozen coaches from the NFL, NBA and college football into believing he was offering them jobs with pro or college teams.

Kenneth Edward Tarr, 32, was arrested Monday morning at his Hollywood home and charged with felony eavesdropping, for allegedly recording the prank calls, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. Under California law, it is illegal to record someone without their consent.

Struggling egotistic comedian has represented himself as representing USC and the Clippers and has BS'ed his way on to Rikki Lake (Although something tells me he didn't have to beat out too many people for that scam) and Judge Alex too (Rusty the Bailiff would have whooped his Ashlynn Shade).

http://gma.yahoo.com/man-allegedly-...-arrested-043023584--abc-news-topstories.html

Reaction Score
It's actually funny and pathetic how easy it is to get people to give up information over the phone.

Police have arrested a man in Los Angeles who they say pranked at least a dozen coaches from the NFL, NBA and college football into believing he was offering them jobs with pro or college teams.

Kenneth Edward Tarr, 32, was arrested Monday morning at his Hollywood home and charged with felony eavesdropping, for allegedly recording the prank calls, according to the Los Angeles Police Department. Under California law, it is illegal to record someone without their consent.

Struggling egotistic comedian has represented himself as representing USC and the Clippers and has BS'ed his way on to Rikki Lake (Although something tells me he didn't have to beat out too many people for that scam) and Judge Alex too (Rusty the Bailiff would have whooped his Ashlynn Shade).

http://gma.yahoo.com/man-allegedly-...-arrested-043023584--abc-news-topstories.html

I saw this yesterday under the headline, "Prankster Arrested," and I thought, "Oh no, what about the Senhor Testiculo Award?"

Reaction Score
We are looking to fill a key management position at our company. I receive a phone call yesterday from someone looking to apply for the position, even though the job postings we have say not to do that. I took the call anyway and chatted with the individual. It became readily appearant that they did not have the desired backgroun and I shared that with this person, but offered to have them send in a resume anyway, as there may be other positions more suitable for them down the road. The response? "Well I don't want to waste my time or your time on that."

True story. And I bet they have no idea why it is so difficult to find a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom