Why don't we block anyone off the line on a punt.... | The Boneyard

Why don't we block anyone off the line on a punt....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else notice this? We give Williams absolutely no room to do anything at all.

We don't go after the punt to block it....and we don't block anyone from getting to Nick.

I never really thought about it till the guy behind me mentioned it.....I mean I noticed we never really went for a block....but we also drop guys off the line at the last second...and I assume they are supposed to block folks coming through the line...but it never works.

Invariable it ends up like today with 5 Temple guys around Williams and him either having to fair catch or having no room to run.

Something is wrong with the scheme but we continue to do the same thing time after time and we lose field position when we do it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yes. But then again, I might have been the guy behind you.

Punt return scheme seems to be get possession only. Fair catch 90% of the time.

No clue why they allow the coverage a free release.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice this? We give Williams absolutely no room to do anything at all.

We don't go after the punt to block it....and we don't block anyone from getting to Nick.

I never really thought about it till the guy behind me mentioned it.....I mean I noticed we never really went for a block....but we also drop guys off the line at the last second...and I assume they are supposed to block folks coming through the line...but it never works.

Invariable it ends up like today with 5 Temple guys around Williams and him either having to fair catch or having no room to run.

Something is wrong with the scheme but we continue to do the same thing time after time and we lose field position when we do it.

This is a very good point. I noticed it today too. Very little effort is made to slow the punting team down.

Reaction Score
Agree...on one of the punts the long snapper was the first one on Nick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom