Why doesn't Paige where a brace for her left knee while playing as a safety protection? | The Boneyard

Why doesn't Paige where a brace for her left knee while playing as a safety protection?

Joevacc

Vacc Man
Reaction Score
Why doesn't Paige where a brace for her left knee while playing as a safety protection?

Reaction Score
She wears a protective sleeve. Not sure how effective that is, but she does wear something as a precaution.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Ever tried to play competitive sports with one of those on?

Reaction Score
After Bibby had her knee injury she wore a brace for every game until she transferred to Maryland, she just was not the same player wearing a brace as she was without the brace. But I have seen players use a brace and wearing the brace did not appear to affect their play. Guess it is an individual thing, maybe Paige just does not feel comfortable with a brace.

Reaction Score
A brace is usually required to help with stability problems normally associated with ACL reconstruction. That was not her injury. Since she has 100% strength in the muscle groups surrounding her knee, that type of support isn't necessary. Her incident in the Indiana game looked to be a normal or aggravation of an existing bone bruise to the exterior of the knee.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I could be mistaken but I believe I heard Holly Rowe during the Sweet Sixteen broadcast when discussing Paige's injury, she said that the treatment included some screws being inserted for her knee issue. (I just finished watching the replay and am still pretty sure that she said it.)
I had not heard or seen anything about screws before.
Was I being delusional?

Reaction Score
I had a Tibial Plateau Fracture.... I have screws, I have a plate.
Believe me it is a reality , the screws. Of course there are many different
"kinds" of this type of fracture. It is not a type of fracture to pick
if you had to chose to have one. Z

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I had a Tibial Plateau Fracture.... I have screws, I have a plate.
Believe me it is a reality , the screws. Of course there are many different
"kinds" of this type of fracture. It is not a type of fracture to pick
if you had to chose to have one. Z
I also believe that Holly did say that Paige had a plate and screws. I failed to mention the plate with my first post and when I realized it, the edit window had closed.

Reaction Score
Geno said Paige was cleared by the medical team to be physically ready to play. Also, he mentioned now it’s all on Paige’s psyche on how well she plays. Wearing a brace would influence said psyche

Reaction Score
A brace might add to stability (which she doesn't need, at this point), but wouldn't protect her from a bump on the knee. More likely, it would inhibit her speed and movement. The best protection against a bump is a bumper (i.e., lightweight padding), which she already wears, inside the sleeve, against the outer side of her knee. That padding didn't protect her from the bump she got, but I imagine she's already decided where the optimum placement of the padding should be, to allow her the most flexibility. Even the best protected hockey goalie or baseball catcher or home plate umpire can occasionally get pinged in the tiniest vulnerable opening of the protective gear.

Reaction Score
A while back, Geno was asked about her brace. His reply was that if she (or anyone) needs to wear a brace, then she wouldn't be considered fully healed, and wouldn't be on the court. Or something like that. It was an interview at a practice at Gampbel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom