Why does Rutgers have to give almost 20,000 tickets away for free for each of its home games? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why does Rutgers have to give almost 20,000 tickets away for free for each of its home games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd be on that "waiting list" too if the tickets are for free.

Reaction Score
OP what are you talking about? Really? We give out 20k free tickets? We give out 8-10k student tickets on average and then maybe another 1-2k for players families, friends, administrators families, band, etc. That article was such baloney.

We have over 11,000 students coming to this game. Most ever and that is thanks to UCONN not being able to drive 3 hours for a Saturday game so we took those un-sold tickets and gave it to students who are practically knocking the door down to get into the stadium.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
OP what are you talking about? Really? We give out 20k free tickets? We give out 8-10k student tickets on average and then maybe another 1-2k for players families, friends, administrators families, band, etc. That article was such baloney.

We have over 11,000 students coming to this game. Most ever and that is thanks to UCONN not being able to drive 3 hours for a Saturday game so we took those un-sold tickets and gave it to students who are practically knocking the door down to get into the stadium.
UConn fans don't know much about that... it's not like they have much student support at their air strip stadium...

Reaction Score
Rutgers has over 30k undergrads. Their debt-riddled stadium is at least on campus.

To have to give away such a volume of tickets, or to have to extort/force their student body into supporting such a pathetic athletic department, no wonder NJ is up in arms over the revenue woes of their athletic department.

To suck so bad, so long, so consistently across so many sports, my gosh that takes major league talent in suck-ass.

There are very few college programs that have a more dismal football history than RU.

UCONN is one of them.

At least RU has a lifetime winning record, and more winning seasons than losing seasons. UCONN has a lifetime below .500 record. More losing seasons than winning seasons.

RU owns a huge advantage in the head to head series, and that includes two-thirds of the games when both schools were at the D1AA level.

When folks from UCONN put down RU's football history as being so bad, even though they apparently haven't googled their own school's history,which is one of the absolute worst in the country and any intelligent UCONN fan knows what I'm talking about (I mean, come on...more losses than wins in your entire history...pathetic) it just makes me laugh.

Reaction Score
Color me confused because the newspaper article above stated that 40% of ticketholders did not pay for them. Is the Star Ledger lying when it says it obtained university records via FOIA, and determined that 40% of fans at Rutgers games did not pay for them? You come with #'s out of your .

Face it, Rutgers despite graduating 10k students a year needs to bribe fans into attending. No matter how you slice, dice or spin it the Rutgers product is so pathetic that it must given away.

The Sleeping Giant. Yeah, right. More like a grimed covered street urchin.

Yep, 4-0, ranked 21st in the country, students falling over themselves to get in to the game, and a sellout crowd of 53,000 about to greet your team. You're right. What a pathetic product.

Doesn't compare to an unranked, irrelevant team averaging 20,000 less people per home game... who just barely beat a MAC team last week, and LOST to a MAC team two weeks ago. Now that is a terrific product.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Your first sentence is completely factually inaccurate. There have also been numerous inaccuracies pointed out in that article from last year and that writer has been re-assigned.

This was his first sentence: That's a very puzzling move. What is completely factually inaccurate about that?

Reaction Score
There are very few college programs that have a more dismal football history than RU.

UCONN is one of them.

At least RU has a lifetime winning record, and more winning seasons than losing seasons. UCONN has a lifetime below .500 record. More losing seasons than winning seasons.

RU owns a huge advantage in the head to head series, and that includes two-thirds of the games when both schools were at the D1AA level.

When folks from UCONN put down RU's football history as being so bad, even though they apparently haven't googled their own school's history,which is one of the absolute worst in the country and any intelligent UCONN fan knows what I'm talking about (I mean, come on...more losses than wins in your entire history...pathetic) it just makes me laugh.

2>0. Simple math.

Reaction Score
2>0. Simple math.

OK, you got me, UCONN football has been a disgrace for all BUT two years. Let's talk when your program actually reaches the .500 mark. UCONN all-time record 480-503-38

A480-503-38ll Time Football Record: 480-503-38 (.489)

All All Time Football Record: 480-503-38 (.489)Time Football Record: 480-503-38 (.489)

Reaction Score
OK, you got me, UCONN football has been a disgrace for all BUT two years. Let's talk when your program actually reaches the .500 mark. UCONN all-time record 480-503-38

A480-503-38ll Time Football Record: 480-503-38 (.489)

All All Time Football Record: 480-503-38 (.489)Time Football Record: 480-503-38 (9)
Here are some ducking statistics for you: since UConn made a commitment to their program and upgraded to D-1A they are 73-55, a winning percentage of 57. In that same time frame Rutgers is 70-57 for a winning percentage of 55.

If UConn has been a disgrace, what has Rutgers been? And this is supposed to be the one sport where you guys aren't complete dog .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom