Why does ESPN pay this ? | The Boneyard

Why does ESPN pay this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog...e-drummond-lead-potential-one-done-candidates

This silly duck* is the most dangerous person on the college hoop planet when you combine the fact that he a) doesn't know what he's talking about, and b) he writes for a company that kids presume know what they're talking about.

This d*** sits out the south Pacific somewhere pretending that he actually scouts these kids - his dopey-assed reports are full of "scouts love" and "scouts believe" crap that is so bereft of specifics as to be just the stuff of fantasy.

Honestly, it is a crime that this oaf gets any bandwidth for his nonsense. ESPN needs to be beaten into a stupor.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
And the profanity filter on this board is just slightly less ridiculous than Chad Ford.

Someone find me a board that I can swear on.

Reaction Score
WELL SAID.

I can name ten things in the last two months that make me want to biatch slap ESPN.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree with you more. People are always bitching about what Gary Parrish or Doug Gottlieb say about Uconn, but part of their job is attracting attention and they do so with provocative statements. This guy is supposed to be a "scout" but is soooo bad at what he does. I can't imagine that he watches college basketball based on some of his analysis. I can't forget him being surprised that Josh Selby was an NBA caliber athlete this past spring.

NBAdraft.net gets a ton of criticism, rightfully so, and they do infinitely better work than this clown.

In regards to his opening line on Davis, I have seen this used a number of times with people discussing Drummond and I bet he just was stealing the line, but confused Davis and Drummond.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Fishy, pardon the ignorance, but are you referring specifically to the commentary regarding Drummond or to another part(s) of the article? Was trying to ascertain the parts that you found objectionable...or was it the entire article?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Fishy, pardon the ignorance, but are you referring specifically to the commentary regarding Drummond or to another part(s) of the article? Was trying to ascertain the parts that you found objectionable...or was it the entire article?

I was referring to Chad Ford's life from the time his dad first climbed on his mom to the present day.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I am not a fan, but I think the answer to your question is that apparently there are enough people like you who will not only pay to read his drivel, but post links to it from other websites, encouraging others to do the same.

Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog...e-drummond-lead-potential-one-done-candidates

This silly duck* is the most dangerous person on the college hoop planet when you combine the fact that he a) doesn't know what he's talking about, and b) he writes for a company that kids presume know what they're talking about.

This d*** sits out the south Pacific somewhere pretending that he actually scouts these kids - his dopey-assed reports are full of "scouts love" and "scouts believe" crap that is so bereft of specifics as to be just the stuff of fantasy.

Honestly, it is a crime that this oaf gets any bandwidth for his nonsense. ESPN needs to be beaten into a stupor.

On a sidenote I am really enjoying the way the word "" has worked its way back into the popular vernacular. I remember calling people "s" a couple decades ago in my childhood. I didn't really know what it meant but the word "" just sounded good to use pejoratively. Just listen to it, doooooosh. It has lots of equally fun sounding derivatives like: doucher, douchey, douchish and the like. I'm sure I will soon tire of it but for now let the times roll.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
"Here's my analysis of kids who haven't played a meaningful second of basketball this season!"

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
When someone is too far gone to be called just a , I prefer the term douchenozzle.

Reaction Score

He's got that crazed serial killer look about him. He creeps me out.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And the profanity filter on this board is just slightly less ridiculous than Chad Ford.

Someone find me a board that I can swear on.

And the character count limit per post is neck and neck.

Reaction Score

Any way you could post the Top 10? I dont pay for ESPN insider garbage. Much appreciated if you could. Anthony Davis and all 215 lbs of him. Not sure I see him banging down low in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom