Why do so many coaches refuse to look their age? | The Boneyard

Why do so many coaches refuse to look their age?

Reaction Score
Is it a recruiting thing or is it ego ? Many male coaches using Grecian Formula and females using whatever women use.

I say good for Tara. She is a natural (as well as a great coach).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I happen to think most of these coaches look older than they actually are.

How old is the Stanford coach? 68-69?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Let's face it, a vast majority of women, and a fair amount of men, color their hair once of a certain age. Especially those in the corporate world and/or the media/entertainment world, of which coaches constitute something of a hybrid.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Tara has been comfy in her shoes for a long, long time. I'd like a little more emoting out of her, 'cuz for darn sure her dead pan demeanor
is not from Botox.

Reaction Score
Tara has been comfy in her shoes for a long, long time. I'd like a little more emoting out of her, 'cuz for darn sure her dead pan demeanor
is not from Botox.
She's like Muffet. They are not human. They are robots. If we have to play Stanford, I hope someone can open up her back and disconnect her batteries.

Reaction Score
Seems like coaches consider themselves show-biz. Take Geno for example - always being interviewed on TV and radio. And, look at how the female coaches and staff dress, with the stylish or outlandish attire at games. We fans certainly comment on their dress.

I often wonder if the staff gets a clothing allowance. It's expensive to have a new outfit for every game. Even the players benched with an injury are dressed to the nines. Certainly not typical gym rat attire.

Reaction Score
Did you see Tara dancing after they won? Clearly she thinks she's in the same age group as her players /s

If an older coach doesnt have a sense of humor and isnt willing to be silly sometimes I don't see how s/he would ever relate to the players or vice versa. This is not the pros; the players are still kids.

Reaction Score
As I get older, I've been tempted to die my hair a prisoner jumpsuit orange so that I can more easily track it as it escapes.
And noses run in my family...

Reaction Score
Apropos of nothing, the outfit worn tonight by Marisa, who usually is the height of fashion (you would be too if you were as tall as she is) almost gave me a seizure.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
As I get older, I've been tempted to die my hair a prisoner jumpsuit orange so that I can more easily track it as it escapes.
LOL. Are you talking a LoJack for your hair?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Apropos of nothing, the outfit worn tonight by Marisa, who usually is the height of fashion (you would be too if you were as tall as she is) almost gave me a seizure.
In the old days of B & W TV the outfit would have caused severe jaggies on the screen.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Coaches, both male and female, are part of the sports entertainment corperate world. So you dress accordingly.

Geno has always been a dapper dresser. CD is always the classy dresser - elegance. Tonya, Jamelle, Shea and Marissa are always classy.

I'm fine with Tara, Muffet, Dawn a and lot ofhte others. Now Mulkey is another story. I can't say what she has reminded me of over the years! Use your imagination.

As to the males, I like Graves style - shave it off!

Reaction Score
She's like Muffet. They are not human. They are robots. If we have to play Stanford, I hope someone can open up her back and disconnect her batteries.
Easier to just use her "off"switch.

il_340x270.1014598227_4kni.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom