Why are so many tickets available? | The Boneyard

Why are so many tickets available?

Reaction Score
Why are so many tickets available for the first and second rounds in Storrs? You (CT) people don't like watching games live? :)

Reaction Score
Why are so many tickets available for the first and second rounds in Storrs? You (CT) people don't like watching games live? :)
To my understanding (please feel free if this is not true), it's not UConn running the show here, it's the NCAA...and I believe tickets are split four ways for the four schools playing in Storrs.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
To my understanding (please feel free if this is not true), it's not UConn running the show here, it's the NCAA...and I believe tickets are split four ways for the four schools playing in Storrs.
I am sure some seats are being held for other teams but no way is it evenly split. I remember MD complaining we limited their seats to 300 :)

Reaction Score
I bought tickets yesterday. I got good seats near mid-court, fairly low in the upper level. It looked like there were plenty of seats available. Yes, seats are reserved for other schools, usually in blocks in the lower level. I don't believe these seats would show up as available. As far as the NCAA running the show, I bought the tickets through the UConn website.

I hope they are chair-back seats. The benches are engineered for skinny people with no legs.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
They are all upper level. I don't want to sit 200 feet away from the court.
I know some fans of the men's teams who have sat in the upper deck of a FOOTBALL STADIUM to see some Final Four games. But, they love to tell everyone: "I went to the Final Four!"
I want to SEE the game(and the team) up close as possible. If I cannot get good seats, I would much rather watch the game on TV!

Reaction Score
I bought tickets yesterday. I got good seats near mid-court, fairly low in the upper level. It looked like there were plenty of seats available. Yes, seats are reserved for other schools, usually in blocks in the lower level. I don't believe these seats would show up as available. As far as the NCAA running the show, I bought the tickets through the UConn website.

I hope they are chair-back seats. The benches are engineered for skinny people with no legs.
What section? I can tell you if they are chairback.

Reaction Score
They are all upper level. I don't want to sit 200 feet away from the court.
I know some fans of the men's teams who have sat in the upper deck of a FOOTBALL STADIUM to see some Final Four games. But, they love to tell everyone: "I went to the Final Four!"
I want to SEE the game(and the team) up close as possible. If I cannot get good seats, I would much rather watch the game on TV!
There's not a bad seat in Gampbel. The view is great, even in the last row. You're giving up a great experience.

sun

Reaction Score
Different outlets have different tickets available.
Stubhub & other outlets still have some for sale on the lower level.

Reaction Score
There's not a bad seat in Gampbel. The view is great, even in the last row. You're giving up a great experience.
What you mean is that you don’t need binoculars. The bench seating behind the basket opposite the students is not very good.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Not true......Why are all the "big shots" close to the court; and why are the lower levels in almost all arenas more expensive....If you have a seat in the upper level, go ask someone at courtside if they will trade seats with you.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
During the years of sell outs, the wife & I were able to get season tickets at Gampel & the C.C. After 3 seasons of sitting on the bleachers, we gave up the access to tickets at Gampel. Too many nights driving home with a backache, reality sets in. Skeets is correct; we are not skinny and we have legs. Drummer is also correct, that we had excellent vantage to see the game.

We also have been to almost every FF starting in 2002, whether our women were there or not. Yes, we were up in the "clouds" but the atmosphere of being there in person cannot be replicated. Each time was worth every cent. The entertainment value was unbeatable. We haven't been since Covid and we miss it. Monte can think and say some just want to be able to say they were there, but for us that is not the case. By the same token, we can still watch all those games on TV and would have missed ALOT, had we stayed home.

Reaction Score
Not true......Why are all the "big shots" close to the court; and why are the lower levels in almost all arenas more expensive....If you have a seat in the upper level, go ask someone at courtside if they will trade seats with you.
That's not what I said. I SAID...there isn't a bad view in Gampbel. You can see the court extremely well even from the last row of seats in the upper level.

Reaction Score
What you mean is that you don’t need binoculars. The bench seating behind the basket opposite the students is not very good.
No, that is not what I mean, although you certainly do not need binoculars. All of the bench seating is uncomfortable, and sitting behind the band is never a good idea in ANY arena.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
That's not what I said. I SAID...there isn't a bad view in Gampbel. You can see the court extremely well even from the last row of seats in the upper level.
And: Bob Steele could see Avon Mountain from his downtown Hartford studio!

Reaction Score
What section? I can tell you if they are chairback.
Section 210. I do believe they are chair-back. When I bought the tickets I had to guess. I picked the sideline with fewer seats knowing that they pack them in on the sideline with bench seating. Lucky me :)

Reaction Score
All the seats get a decent view. Many years ago I had end zone seats. The guy directly in front of me was somewhere between 95 and 100 years old. His nurse would sit him down. He used my knees as arm rests. I really didn't mind that, it's real tight seating. The problem that I had was he was sitting right under my nose and he always needed a fresh depends...

Reaction Score
Section 210. I do believe they are chair-back. When I bought the tickets I had to guess. I picked the sideline with fewer seats knowing that they pack them in on the sideline with bench seating. Lucky me :)
We have season seats in 210 and yes they are chairback :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Sheets, I’m envious. You have no idea how much I would like to be there. Enjoy the game. :) Hope your seats are chair-back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom