Who's Your Sleeper for Next Season? | The Boneyard

Who's Your Sleeper for Next Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My sleeper is Sam Cassell. He had a rough season last year. There's no way around it. But if you look at what he did in the two preseason games, you know he has it in him. He's a much much better shooter than what he showed last year. I think next season he can provide us some good minutes and average around 10 points a game. So who's your sleeper?

Reaction Score
I'll go with Facey. It seems like people have written him off after a bad second half, but it wasn't long ago that he posted a double double on the eventual champs

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
My vote would be for Facey, though Calhoun and Nolan may dial it up a notch since it's their senior year. With the addition of Shonn Miller, Nolan may well see fewer minutes.

Reaction Score
There isn't much to chose from. Sam is still not healthy from his stress fracture and will have lost the end of the season as well as most of the off season. We've seen what happens with extended down time due to injuries in the cases of Omar and Amidah. I imagine it will be like Sam is starting over and still has to adapt to the seed of high level D1 ball. If anyone is a sleeper I would hope it would be either Omar or Amidah. Omar was pretty much starting over his past season and we saw how long it took him to get back to game shape. Sam was slow to begin with. Amidah has the most to gain given his lack of experience.

Reaction Score
I'll go with Facey. It seems like people have written him off after a bad second half, but it wasn't long ago that he posted a double double on the eventual champs

Almost a double double. 14 and 9. Still, that was the best game I've ever seen him play.

Reaction Score
Phil Nolan: If he ain't motivated and pissed off at what just happened, then he needs to go to sleep. Is that what you mean?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wanted to say Facey until I saw someone mention Calhoun. Forgot he was still on the team. So I'll go with go with Calhoun.

I have expectations for Brimah so he is out.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Not to be a to the kid, but I completely forgot SCJr played for us. That would explain my posts yesterday about TSam.

Last edited by a moderator:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
BR may suck, but when they list AB as the possible MVP of our team over DHam, I don't think you can count him as a sleeper.
I think Facey. Best for UCONN: Omar (no relation) Calhoun

Reaction Score
Calhoun is a good choice as well. If he can find his touch for the 3, he can be dangerous.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
omar and then facey... both need to have their confidence back and work hard in the offseason

Reaction Score
My sleeper is Sam Cassell. He had a rough season last year. There's no way around it. But if you look at what he did in the two preseason games, you know he has it in him. He's a much much better shooter than what he showed last year. I think next season he can provide us some good minutes and average around 10 points a game. So who's your sleeper?
Man you love hot takes.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Facey's a better player than he showed during the second half of last season. I think that he can excel as a tough rebounder off the bench.

Reaction Score
Saying Facey; just can't be timid he needs to be super aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom