Who's The True #2 | The Boneyard

Who's The True #2

Reaction Score
Swishappeal has an answer...or an argument. The Triple Double: The Respect issue

Yeah, the Louisville holding opponents to under 6 points a game is a typo.

Also talk Tara, Geno and Hatchell. Pretty puffy on Hatchell and her "relatively scandal free environment." Huh?

I'd say ND is number 2. A number 101 sos this early from Louisville shouldn't allow them to jump ND. And I think Miss State belongs ahead of Louisville too.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is number 2. MSU has a good team but almost no depth. Hopefully the injury bug will miss both teams for the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
:)
Don't know if you were there, but there was clearly a lot of worry at half-time around the food stands and stone silence at the beginning of the 4th Q.
Yes, it was more like anxious anticipation.

Reaction Score
From link provided, regarding Geno's and Sylvia's 1000th win.

These two coaches should be a lock for the Naismith Hall of Fame when their number is called. But to many of their peers, they are already in the Hall of Fame...of life.

Note to writer, Chris Bullock, these two coaches numbers have been called...and are already in the Hall of Fame...(for) life! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Swishappeal has an answer...or an argument. The Triple Double: The Respect issue

Yeah, the Louisville holding opponents to under 6 points a game is a typo.

Also talk Tara, Geno and Hatchell. Pretty puffy on Hatchell and her "relatively scandal free environment." Huh?
An interesting combining of wins/championships between Geno and Hatchell. Hatchell got much deserved praise--44 years of coaching ain't making hay. But to say they have 12 NC's between them--was intentionally misleading.
The author selected, rightly, ND as number 2. Also the winning points Vs opponents point was absolutely misleading, even if accurate. Some teams don't run opponents into the dirt just to show how good they are. Even Geno who has been accused of being brutal; when the wins are certain the end of his bench plays the last quarter. ]\
For the most part of the article I enjoyed the read.

Reaction Score
From link provided, regarding Geno's and Sylvia's 1000th win.

These two coaches should be a lock for the Naismith Hall of Fame when their number is called. But to many of their peers, they are already in the Hall of Fame...of life.

Note to writer, Chris Bullock, these two coaches numbers have been called...and are already in the Hall of Fame...(for) life! :rolleyes:

Good catch!! I thought maybe Geno was getting a second Springfield Award. 11 NC's 4 in a row---certainly should be set up as an EXTRA.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is number 2. MSU has a good team but almost no depth. Hopefully the injury bug will miss both teams for the rest of the season.
]

Uconn is a Great team, but as things stand as of today--PG/SG seems the only "depth" position. Geno uses a nice rotation of Gabby, Napheesa, Azura but that isn't true depth. From your pen to the BB Gods ears--no injuries.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame. If MSU remains undefeated and beats SC in conference play on February 5th, then I will re-evaluate.
I agree the big test for Ms St will be getting past USC. ND has the whole ACC to run thru and that isn't an easy run.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
:)
Don't know if you were there, but there was clearly a lot of worry at half-time around the food stands and stone silence at the beginning of the 4th Q.
Wonder what the recruits thought of that? Hopefully they appreciated the crowd late in the game.

Reaction Score
I agree the big test for Ms St will be getting past USC. ND has the whole ACC to run thru and that isn't an easy run.

ND will get tripped up. They should have lost the Marquette game but Blockton choked.

Reaction Score
ND will get tripped up. They should have lost the Marquette game but Blockton choked.
That is the nature of Basketball---you remain 1 or 2 or 25 until you are beaten and replaced.

Reaction Score
Wonder what the recruits thought of that? Hopefully they appreciated the crowd late in the game.
They got an example of how a true championship program finishes a game and how a pretender does also.

Reaction Score
Any recruit that wants to play the best and be the best would want to be in this position. With UConn, you get the chance to play ALL the top teams each year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In another thread convincing evidence was presented that foretold attendance today of Samantha Brunelle. She's a recruit I'd very much like to see matriculate into the Husky program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom