Who's the top 2020-21 player of the year candidate in every women's college basketball conference? | The Boneyard

Who's the top 2020-21 player of the year candidate in every women's college basketball conference?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Some interesting races.. like the Big 10 and Big 12. Alot of others are no brainers. Dana Evans is a lock in the ACC. I'm not biased, but in the Big South... Skylar Curran of High Point should be a stone cold lock... again.. I'm not biased.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Don't agree with their take on the Pac 12 at all. I've been waffling all season, but currently I think I'd put Kiana Williams and Michaela Onyenwere ahead of the two they have as frontrunners.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Also probably Elisa Cunane should be among the top 2 in the ACC.

They can't seem to make up their mind if team success or gaudy stats are a bigger factor in POY candidacy.

Reaction Score
She won’t get any attention unless I jump in so here’s a salute to Colorado’s Mya Hollingshed, 5th in PAC-12 in scoring, second in rebounding, first in double doubles. But Colorado is only 42 in Massey so who’s looking?

Reaction Score
Don't agree with their take on the Pac 12 at all. I've been waffling all season, but currently I think I'd put Kiana Williams and Michaela Onyenwere ahead of the two they have as frontrunners.
I agree. McDonald is talented, but has had poor games too often. Say she brings intangibles or whatever but 38 pct shooting with 3-18 nights in big spots isn’t POY.

Jones is a talented player and I’d definitely take her - she moves really well for her size and does a little bit of everything. But I’ve watched three games now and it doesn’t seem like she is particularly great at any one skill. Best I can say, when she gets going downhill she’s a strong finisher with her right hand. Maybe in a different system her individual skill would shine through more, but it feels like Williams is more valuable to them, making big shots late and creating her own looks more.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I haven't been that impressed with McDonald, though she is good. I'd also take Williams and possibly Onyenwere over HaJo.

I'd add Cunane to the ACC list for sure.

I'd add at least Dungee to the ACC list.

The B10 should include Clark. I have her in my top-4 nationally.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme did a TERRIBLE effort in trying to "assess the leaders" in this conference. Did he even look at any key games or crunch stats? Just when I was giving him a bit more respect...POOF, he lost it. :confused:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Some in Media and other fan bases have suggested that Caitlin Clark should be Freshmen of the Year, if not Player of the Year. She's having a great year with fantastic Individual Stats. However, she's not recommended as the B1G Player of the year. Also Iowa is not an improved team record wise despite the Great Year that Caitlin is having. I'm sure Iowa is an improved team because of Caitlin and possibly might have more losses if she wasn't playing. I do think Caitlin should receive strong consideration to make one of the All American Teams.

Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark should not be POY no matter how great a season she has had. I would vote for her over Ashley Owusu though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom