Who's the most popular WNBA team for Uconn fans? | The Boneyard

Who's the most popular WNBA team for Uconn fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
is it the Lynx with Maya and Rene, the Sun with its location (plus Morgan and Kelly), or the Storm with Stewie, KML, and Sue?

Just interested to read people's thoughts on the matter.

Reaction Score
Who's the most popular WNBA team for Uconn fans?
is it the Lynx with Maya and Rene, the Sun with its location (plus Morgan and Kelly), or the Storm with Stewie, KML, and Sue? Just interested to read people's thoughts on the matter.
I follow all of those, and San Antonio, but my current FAVE is NY with Kiah, Tina, and Swin. :cool:

Reaction Score
Phoenix with DT. Window will be closing soon to appreciate this very special player.
I hope you are wrong. Diana's strengths are her court vision and awareness, her shooting and passing. Similar to John Stockton, who excelled (with fewer minutes) past age 40. She was never a great perimeter defender, so if she plays into her late 30s she might move to wing/small forward. I think her future success depends on how much she wants it, and if she can avoid injury.

Reaction Score
Like to keep up on all the former huskies in the WNBA but I would have to say the Liberty and the Storm. Both in sheer numbers (3 Huskies each) and seeing Tina tearing it up and Breanna's first year!

It is great, though, that in just about every game there will be atleast 1 or 2 Huskies playing.

Reaction Score
I follow all of those, and San Antonio, but my current FAVE is NY with Kiah, Tina, and Swin. :cool:
I like all the players on the Liberty, but Laimbeer has brought the clutch and grab style of defense the bad boys played in detroit, with him to the WNBA, and that is a bad thing. The NBA cleaned that up which led to MJ, and the WNBA needs to do the same.

Reaction Score
I like all the players on the Liberty, but Laimbeer has brought the clutch and grab style of defense the bad boys played in detroit, with him to the WNBA, and that is a bad thing. The NBA cleaned that up which led to MJ, and the WNBA needs to do the same.
Agreed. But I do think he has mellowed a bit, yet still a committed competitor.

I don't think the women's game can/will remain as "polite" as it currently is. I think the progression (or deterioration) will kind of mirror the men's game of the past 50/60/70 years. It will start in the pro's and eventually trickle down to the college game. However, I intend to enjoy the team oriented play and the ladies as long as it (and I) are available. :)

Reaction Score
I should go for Storm, but they don't treat KML nice,
So I will go for NY, Tina, Swin and Kiah.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good question. It used to be Minnesota, unquestionably. Now, Seattle and New York are about tied with the Lynx. I'm happy for Tina after her rough final season in Connecticut. She's top 5 in the world right now. Swin is a determined and classy competitor with a huge legacy. Kiah is a sweet person who is an outstanding defender. Stewie is a bonafide star, and Sue will be in Springfield before we know it. Kaleena will get more PT eventually. I'd love to see her start making shots, as she did for her entire high school and college careers. With regard to Maya, see my avatar. And Renee is a tough little cookie who gives them good minutes in place of Lindsay or Seimone. I try to watch as many games as possible involving these three teams.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I love watching the Uconn players so I don't really have a favorite team - the exception seems to be Atlanta and Tiff. She is doing great things, but I am not a fan of the drive for a foul style of guard/wing play that she has perfected and that seems to be a large part of WNBA games.

Reaction Score
is it the Lynx with Maya and Rene, the Sun with its location (plus Morgan and Kelly), or the Storm with Stewie, KML, and Sue?

Connecticut Sun

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What about DC w/Stef and Bria?
They're on my list, especially as the local team for me, but further down. Stef starts, but neither gets all that much PT.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I love watching the Uconn players so I don't really have a favorite team - the exception seems to be Atlanta and Tiff. She is doing great things, but I am not a fan of the drive for a foul style of guard/wing play that she has perfected and that seems to be a large part of WNBA games.
How many times did she play against ND? Something must have rubbed off. :D

Reaction Score
The Connecticut Sun due to their location - but root for the rest of the teams (that have UConn players) when they aren't playing the Sun.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Now, I would love the Olympic team to play Sue, DT, ,Maya, Stewie, and Tina at once. If only we could watch that for like 10 mins- maybe even just five- per international game.

Reaction Score
Now, I would love the Olympic team to play Sue, DT, ,Maya, Stewie, and Tina at once. If only we could watch that for like 10 mins- maybe even just five- per international game.
Stewie, Tina, and Maya can handle any of the other teams frontcourts, both on offense, and defense.

Reaction Score
Minnesota is my favorite team but swin is my favorite player. No matter the team she played for, I routed for her.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I got the League Pass this year to see Stewie and Kiah. I really, really enjoy watching Stewie and Sue Bird. So they are my favorite. I so admire what Kiah does with her rebounding and shot blocking. I like watching Sugar Rodgers shoot but my fan interest generally starts and stops with Kiah.

I do enjoy watching Minnesota play. I do indeed admire Maya greatly, but also like watching Whalen and McCarville and Augustus.

Reaction Score
Start spreading the news
Tina just hates to lose.
Manhattan folks
Just love a tall Stokes.
And throw open your stash,
Cause they also got Cash.

There are probably about five WNBA games that I haven't watched substantial parts of this season. I watch just about any with a former Husky in it. My favorite has become the Liberty with Swin, Tina and Kiah. The three generations of very likeable former UConn players is fun to watch. I also love to watch Renee doing well and being there with Maya. But I've caught all the Sun games too. Almost every Storm game. Just missed a couple of Mystics games. Caught most of the Dream and Stars games. Watch a lot of Phoenix.

Reaction Score
Every team that got an UConn alumni on it! I even got a Wings season ticket to watch when ever they are in town :)
My favorites are the Storm (Stewie, Sue and KML) and the Liberty (Tina, Kiah and Swin)

Reaction Score
That is a team nobody can beat ~~~

arch

Reaction Score
I got the League Pass this year to see Stewie and Kiah. I really, really enjoy watching Stewie and Sue Bird. So they are my favorite. I so admire what Kiah does with her rebounding and shot blocking. I like watching Sugar Rodgers shoot but my fan interest generally starts and stops with Kiah.

I do enjoy watching Minnesota play. I do indeed admire Maya greatly, but also like watching Whalen and McCarville and Augustus.

Atlanta and Tiffany for a few years. Used League Pass to keep up with all the Uconners until it suddenly decided I no longer had a league pass. Grrrrrr.

Reaction Score
Minny and Seattle. I've always loved Seattle... Bird and Jackson were my favorite combo... I love Minny because of Maya, Whalen and Augustus... great Trio...

I just wish Jackson had one more year. You know how awesome it would be to see her and Stewie on the floor together.... Hope they do an interview with LJ on the 15th. I want to hear her thoughts on Stewie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom