Who's still in play? | The Boneyard

Who's still in play?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
After taking a look at the top 100 uncommitted recruits in 18,im seeing very few that I can see realistically committing here.most sights predict them committing eles where.my question is WHO?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I really don't see KO landing Carey or reddish. And who's the akinjo kid? And how long have we been on him?

Reaction Score
Guards: Jalen Carey, James Akinjo, Michael Devoe, maybe Eric Ayala
Wings: Cam Reddish, Landers Nolley, Isaiah Mucius, Iggy Brazdeikas
Bigs: Simi Shittu, Emmanuel Dowuona maybe, Dimon Carrigan

I think our best chances are Carey, Akinjo, Devoe, Nolley, and maybe Mucius/Carrigan.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I thought he had a higher possibility of committing than most.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Cross Carey, Mucius, and especially Reddish/Shittu off that list now.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
People are freaking out because UConn lost a recruit to the bottom dwelling Rutgers. That should and I mean never happen.

Reaction Score
People are freaking out because UConn lost a recruit to the bottom dwelling Rutgers. That should and I mean never happen.

We all agree this is a bad loss for our program and the tide needs to turn with a commitment from a Top 100 recruit (several, in fact) sooner rather than later.

That having been said, you do realize that we have lost a "prioritized" recruit to Rutgers not that long ago... Point guard Myles Mack commits to Rutgers - Myles Mack, ranked #83 in the 2011 rankings.

That would also be the same year we lost Mo Harkless, #37 in the rankings, to St. John's... after he had already gone so far as to verbally commit to us.

I mention these actual historical events because when the words "never" are thrown around... they actually already have happened. And amazingly, though many on this board want to have amnesia about these things, they even happened to arguably the greatest coach in men's college basketball of the last quarter century... And no, I am not comparing KO's current situation to Coach Calhoun. Just pointing out a couple of historical facts.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
People are freaking out about Mathis, but it's totally conceivable that he could have been as low as 8th on our "biggest wants" list

I think people are freaking out because losing your 8th best target to Rutgers says a lot about your chances of getting one or more guys in your top-7.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Cross Ayala off that list too because, well, he isn't very good.

Reaction Score
Cross Ayala off that list too because, well, he isn't very good.
Eric Ayala, top 75 ranked guard in 2018 with offers from Arizona, Oregon, Ohio State, OKST, Maryland, Xavier, Miami, Indiana, Nova, Cincy, Creighton, among many others, isn't very good?

Reaction Score
After taking a look at the top 100 uncommitted recruits in 18,im seeing very few that I can see realistically committing here.most sights predict them committing eles where.my question is WHO?
I saw your subject title and had to wonder....a coach or a player?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Eric Ayala, top 75 ranked guard in 2018 with offers from Arizona, Oregon, Ohio State, OKST, Maryland, Xavier, Miami, Indiana, Nova, Cincy, Creighton, among many others, isn't very good?
This is a case of rankings not always matching reality. I've seen him play three times in person and felt he's a solid mid-major. He isn't great at anything in particular and weak in a few areas. He wouldn't even have been on UCONN's radar but now that we're a mid-major, no one is off our radar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom