Who's Refereeing this game? | The Boneyard

Who's Refereeing this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know where I can find this info? not only for tonight, but for our future games. I just hope the refs will let the players decide the game....:rolleyes:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
It is almost impossible to find out who is the ref ahead of the game. Very rarely - historically - this information was listed on game sheets at a few away games I attended and once in the on-line game notes. But usually, fans don't find out until the game.

As you doubtless know, conferences determine which referees are authorized to work games at their schools. I have been tracking this year who works for each of the P5 conferences and how many games for each conference. The ACC has a very large group that includes many of the better known referees.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
My understanding is that it is a standard practice in all sports (at both the college and professional levels) that no one (including the teams and coaches) should know who will referee a game until the game officials walk out onto the court or the field. The idea is to prevent bribery or other attempts by participants or fans to influence the officials in advance of the game. Which is a very good reason to follow that practice.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
You may say that she often runs down the court in a canter. And I don't know how well she sings, but she may be a cantor. But, it's not Kanter. It's Kantner. ;)

Thank you for making sure the self-constructed star of the game has her surname spelled correctly...

Reaction Score
Thank you for making sure the self-constructed star of the game has her surname spelled correctly...
I met her a couple of years ago and had a very nice chat. She was a real straight shooter and I liked her a lot.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
On another note, thank goodness this question is not necessarily rhetorical. Not necessarily...not yet...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Snark uncalled for. She's a smart woman who does her level best at an extremely challenging job.

Collected Wisdom: NCAA basketball official Dee Kantner

So do police officers, but their work is scrutinized a great deal just the same.

Doing one's best is nice; calling the game right year over year, big game after big game, is far more important than doing one's best. I applauded my seven-year old son for effort in football, but in time, W-L will matter if the boy keeps playing.

Reaction Score
I think it'll be Eric Brewton, Dee and Joe Viscily.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no Maj Forsberg.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Tweedle, Dum and Dee!

It's WCBB.

Reaction Score
Our favorite team may win this game. I like our chances. On the other hand, they may, God forbid, lose...in the big picture, not that big a deal either way. But, whatever the outcome, it will not be because of the refs...except, of course, in the minds of ND fans, as it always is. Let's please agree not to mimic them!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I saw a Little League ump one time, when a parent in the stands was getting on him heavy about balls and strikes, call time, go up into the stands and sit down close to the parent and call play ball. He called the first pitch from there, and said; "You know what, you are right; you do get a better view from up here. Tell you what; you go down there and stand behind the catcher and I will call the game from up here. It is more comfortable sitting down anyway."

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Dee Kantner is one of the very best officials in wcbb. I sincerely hope that she is calling the game tonight.

Reaction Score
She always had an issue with Geno. In a game involving two female coaches, she is an ok ref. When Geno is involved, the manhate comes out.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, I must be an idiot. Uconn won, and did so neither because or in spite of the officiating. Dee was not very noticeable. Thus, she did a fine job.

Goodnight, everyone!

Reaction Score
Our favorite team may win this game. I like our chances. On the other hand, they may, God forbid, lose...in the big picture, not that big a deal either way. But, whatever the outcome, it will not be because of the refs...except, of course, in the minds of ND fans, as it always is. Let's please agree not to mimic them!
you called it! At the presser, Muffet was doing her best to imply that the calls went against her team.

Reaction Score
She always had an issue with Geno. In a game involving two female coaches, she is an ok ref. When Geno is involved, the manhate comes out.
Jeez, I guess I'd want to see that proved before I'd make a charge like that. Not saying it's not possible (bias is always possible), but even on a discussion board I would want to be careful about making such an accusation without some proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom