Who's ready to move on? | The Boneyard

Who's ready to move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am. I could not watch another college game saturday. Watching the pats now. Ready for UVa.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Reaction Score
Not till Bob says he is sorry first!

I know you are kind of kidding but I agree with you. I want to hear him address the fans (hopefully he has done this with the team) in a conciliatory tone and at the very least address their disappointment with the aknowledgement that he (or who ever) made the wrong end of game call (s)First on the unnecessary time out and next on the running play. If he does that most of the informed fan base will cut him some slack! If I were in his position, that's what I would do.

Reaction Score
He's not gonna address the fans and you know it. But he's gotta know that a colossal screw-up like that can't happen again. If anything, hope something like this is a learning moment for him.

Still 10 games left in the season. Best to move on and get ready to smash Virginia.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He's not gonna address the fans and you know it. But he's gotta know that a colossal screw-up like that can't happen again. If anything, hope something like this is a learning moment for him.

Still 10 games left in the season. Best to move on and get ready to smash Virginia.
"We had a lot huskies make the trip and I'm grateful for that you picked us up when we fell behind. I'm very disappointed we couldn't send you home with a win."

Reaction Score
"We had a lot huskies make the trip and I'm grateful for that you picked us up when we fell behind. I'm very disappointed we couldn't send you home with a win."

Ok, I stand corrected. He addressed the fans on his disappointment. But didn't admit any wrongdoing. In his mind he had no choice because the play clock was running down and they were confused about the previous play.

Reaction Score
We have no choice but to move on, but, in hindset, like my Cowboys' loss to the Giants yesterday (converting one of those FGs into a TD), along with the Jets loss to Cincy ( missed extra point came back to haunt them.. at least would've given them a shot in OT if that was made ), we hope that a W that we clearly gave away on Saturday doesn't bite us in the @** at season's end.... EVERY game matters in terms of Wins and Losses when the regular season starts.. no time for having a pig heated nature and do things the way you want it even if it costs you the game.. understand the situation, the flow of the game, capitalize on every opportunity...

Reaction Score
I am not going to be ready to move on unless UConn beats Virginia and then Syracuse to embarrass the ACC. Then . . . maybe.

If we come out of Syracuse 3-1, I'll be fine.

I'm more concerned about reverting to the RRP game plan. We saw a confident BS spread the ball around to a lot of different guys. That's the offense we need. We know that we can do it, obviously we practice it, we need to come into these games ready to put our opponents on their heels through the air - and then pound the rock when appropriate.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Ok, I stand corrected. He addressed the fans on his disappointment. But didn't admit any wrongdoing. In his mind he had no choice because the play clock was running down and they were confused about the previous play.
I'm saying he SHOULD just say that

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I tourched myself on Sunday rewatching the last seconds of the game... Probably one of the most disappointing (although there have been others), fustrating losses we've had ever- and certainly since the team's been under Diaco.

Reaction Score

This is my concern. Everyone screws up. The key is learning from your mistakes. Does Diaco actually understand that he screwed up? Don't need an apology, just some indication the answer to that question is yes. So far, there's been none. Certainly not the post-game presser (where he derided the notion of running multiple plays on the goal line as "video-gaming it").

We don't need Diaco to be a clock management genius. But we do need him to recognize the issue and take steps to improve on this going forward.

Reaction Score

Bugsy, unfortunately, you're probably right about Bob Diaco not admitting any wrong doing and we have to move on but it would be refreshing if he just owned up to his error in judgement. Quite frankly, I am surprised a reporter didn't ask, "If you had a chance to replay the down, would you do it again?" I am a fan of Bob Diaco and believe he will turn UCONN around but enough of the, no one person loses a game, yada,yada.

Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall after his starting TB's fumbles admitted he made a coaching mistake after their opening loss to Richmond. Here is what he said:

“However, in regards to that, in looking at what I possibly could have managed better, we kept Smoke (TB Taquan Mizzell) out of all the scrimmages. We didn't tackle him live through fall camp. And so I think any -- again, I think players play as they're prepared, and so I think in that particular case, that we -- that I should have allowed him to be tackled a little bit and get him a little more prepared for that game. And so I think that was a coaching and management issue as well.

http://virginia. .com/Bolt/UVa-Football-Bronco-Mendenhall-takes-blame-for-rushing-woes-47254562

As many have said, this loss hurt a lot but it's true, UCONN nation has to move on and BEAT Virginia!

Reaction Score
This is my concern. Everyone screws up. The key is learning from your mistakes. Does Diaco actually understand that he screwed up? Don't need an apology, just some indication the answer to that question is yes. So far, there's been none. Certainly not the post-game presser (where he derided the notion of running multiple plays on the goal line as "video-gaming it").

We don't need Diaco to be a clock management genius. But we do need him to recognize the issue and take steps to improve on this going forward.
I don't believe that he thinks he screwed up with the last call. He believed that it would work and it is entirely consistent with his inside the 10 offensive philosophy. He made the call as the head coach to run. No doubt about that in my mind. He thought that play would work.

When they get into scoring territory, I believe has final say on the play calls. And the call will always be the one that is least likely to result in a turnover and preserve the opportunity to get points.

And head coaches never apologize or say they made a mistake. At least successful ones do not do it publicly.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know you are kind of kidding but I agree with you. I want to hear him address the fans (hopefully he has done this with the team) in a conciliatory tone and at the very least address their disappointment with the aknowledgement that he (or who ever) made the wrong end of game call (s)First on the unnecessary time out and next on the running play. If he does that most of the informed fan base will cut him some slack! If I were in his position, that's what I would do.
"You know, no one play wins or loses a game. That said, each and every day I ask our guys to be better versions of themselves, better players, better student, better people. So we, as coaches, can't ask any less of ourselves, right? So believe me we look at at every play to see how all of us can get better and that includes the coaches. I know how tough that loss was for us in the locker room and I can imagine how tough it was in the stands. We're going to look at it, a lot, and see what we can do to do better."

I'd like to see some kind of acknowledgement that he knows the staff made two bad decisions that cost the team the game. No apology needed. I'd just like to know that he has someone keeping track to outs and maybe that he'd be willing to trust his kids enough to field a kick.

I'm not quite ready to let Navy go yet, but I'll be there tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let's move on. Incredibly disappointed in BD from a leadership perspective. He did not take responsibility for his blatant screw ups. He ducked and danced around it. He sets a bad example for his players and short changed them by not being a man of character. He talks about manning up, but he shrunk from the task on the field and then off the field. Sorry Bob, it's all show me now. No more benefit of the doubt.

Done. On to the Cavs. No prophylactic football BobbyV. Show me you learned something.

Reaction Score
Patrick Eaton-Robb@peatonrobb 1 min ago
Diaco _ "I take full responsibility and full accountability for not having another play."

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller just now
#UConn's Bob Diaco on last series of plays: "If you are looking for somebody to blame, I am standing here ready to take it."

That first quote hit the outer rim of the dart board and probably the most that can be expected. The second is even more nebulous.

Let's hope lesson's have been learned and hope and pray for better decisions in critical situations going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom