Who's next up? | The Boneyard

Who's next up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
So it doesn't look to promising that Precious comes here. Tre Mitchell appears to have moved on. Who else is a possibility? Seems like a backup 5 would be the biggest priority if they end up only having the 1 spot to fill.

Reaction Score
So it doesn't look to promising that Precious comes here. Tre Mitchell appears to have moved on. Who else is a possibility? Seems like a backup 5 would be the biggest priority if they end up only having the 1 spot to fill.

Why does it not look promising? Because he posted a picture on an official visit? Wow, the sky is falling.

His recruitment is wide open. But we need back up options from JUCOs, grads, or decommits for sure.

Reaction Score
Hurley and staff will be back out on the trail this week, so we should have a good idea pretty soon who the priorities are going to be.

I would imagine there is a plan in place for grad transfers, and transfers that can get a waiver immediately as well, but that is a little harder to get a handle on until late March early May.

Reaction Score
If Vital is gone need another shooter, could be a 2 or a 3 but need someone who can knockdown shots. We know Gaffney and Bouknight can make sjots but no matter they are freshman need to keep expectations respectful.

A big, could be a 4 or 5 but a solid contributor in minutes, rebounds and a somewhat physical presence. Experience is a must too as well as IQ.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Why does it not look promising? Because he posted a picture on an official visit? Wow, the sky is falling.

His recruitment is wide open. But we need back up options from JUCOs, grads, or decommits for sure.
Take it easy. I think its pretty obvious we're still involved but don't seem to be in the lead anymore. Accepting reality does not mean the sky is falling.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Also - im trying to be more specific on if there are guys we are actually targeting. I haven't heard much buzz.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
talent > filling positional needs. Getting a backup center won't make us relevant again, acquiring talent will. A talented center would be ideal lol
While I agree, they cant have just Carlton playing the 5. He cant play every minute of every game. Just simply cannot.

Reaction Score
While I agree, they cant have just Carlton playing the 5. He cant play every minute of every game. Just simply cannot.
Yes but I'd rather have an athletic 6'7 kid backup Carlton who has rebounding ability than a 6'11 center with slow feet. Emmanuel Ugboh looks so slow in the film I've seen, those Houston and Cincinnati guys that are between 6'5 and 6'8 will out rebound guys like that with ease

Reaction Score
Take it easy. I think its pretty obvious we're still involved but don't seem to be in the lead anymore. Accepting reality does not mean the sky is falling.

What indication is there we are falling behind?

Every indication is that we are right in it with unc and kansas.

Reaction Score
Danny Hurley looking at the transfer portal like...
giphy.gif

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We must get a backup 5. Probably JUCO - Grad Transfer at this point.

Beyond that: Precious if we can het him. If not assuming somebody walks, I'd consider a ball handler next up on the priority list. If Whaley and/or Diarra are still with the team, PF is low priority.

That said, Hurley will have a better feel for how much improvement he expects from Sid and B. Adams in terms of being able to handle the ball and score from outside. Vital really struggled when forced to handle the ball and distribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom