Who's job is it to lock down Taz Sherman tonight? | The Boneyard

Who's job is it to lock down Taz Sherman tonight?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Obvious answer is Cole, but I wonder if Hurley puts Jackson on him for a bit. Hurley made a comment a few games back that we can't rely on Cole to be our lockdown defender AND our entire offense. Now with no Sanogo, the offense is clearly more reliant on Cole tonight.

If Cole is on Sherman all game, we need Whaley, Hawkins and Polley to step up offensively, especially down the stretch. Would like to see Hurley give Jackson that assignment early on to see if he can give Cole some relief.

What do you think we see?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Also wonder if we go zone for a bit and try to force WVU to hit some shots from deep (apparently not a strength of their team).

Reaction Score
Wish we had Martin for this job. Sherman at 6'4" might be a little big for Cole, but we'll see. I'm guessing all of the guards will get a shot at him. Would love to see Jackson lock him up.

Reaction Score
This might be a let him get his and keep the rest of the team in check night. Especially if McNeil doesn't play.

Reaction Score
Obvious answer is Cole, but I wonder if Hurley puts Jackson on him for a bit. Hurley made a comment a few games back that we can't rely on Cole to be our lockdown defender AND our entire offense. Now with no Sanogo, the offense is clearly more reliant on Cole tonight.

If Cole is on Sherman all game, we need Whaley, Hawkins and Polley to step up offensively, especially down the stretch. Would like to see Hurley give Jackson that assignment early on to see if he can give Cole some relief.

What do you think we see?
If there was a BB Offensive Analyst job you would get it.

Reaction Score
It isn't going to be Cole. Look for Andre, Hawkins, Gaff to cover him. Sherman is too big for Cole.

We have played 0 seconds of zone under Hurley. No shot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Who? Is he good? Good players aren't UConn's problem. UConn's problem is that some dude who is 1-5 from 3 in his career is about to shoot 4-4 from 3 against us. One will be a bank. Find me that guy and lock him down.

Reaction Score
Who? Is he good? Good players aren't UConn's problem. UConn's problem is that some dude who is 1-5 from 3 in his career is about to shoot 4-4 from 3 against us. One will be a bank. Find me that guy and lock him down.
He can't shoot from 3, but he does drive and draw fouls. Okay distributor.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Cole can’t handle him due to the size differential, AJ doesn’t have the footwork skills, Polley has horrible lateral speed. Tyrese would have been a possible answer, Hawkins has the footwork but lacks the experience against that type of player. Best bet is do what you can and don’t let the others beat you or do something that DH would last do before dying - throw in a zone or another gimmick. It ain’t going to be easy

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
You know this is going to happen. Guy who averages 2 career points per game will go off for 18.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom