Whos is your favorite UConn opponent player of all time? | The Boneyard

Whos is your favorite UConn opponent player of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we have done this before. But these are the dog days and its not even August.

My favorite UConn opponent of all time was Malik Sealy of St John's. He was silk, satin, I have never seen a player so smooth with such a great touch. He could get in the lane and rip your guts out without causing a ripple.

I would watch him and wish that UConn would get a player like that.

Reaction Score
None of the above. They were all the Devil's spawn.

In all seriousness, among players we saw repeatedly, I liked John Linehan. Pain in the arse, and I hated going against him - but I'd watch him torture someone else and respect him. Knowing how much we wanted Bill Curley made me appreciate his game (and the fact he never beat us).

Among players we only saw once but are forever linked to UConn, this may be sacrilige since he brings up haunting memories, but to this day I marvel about what Elijah Allen did. Never scored more than 25 and drops 43 on Ricky. We won the game, so I think that's why I don't seethe over his name like I might Toby Bailey. Respect the hell out of Juan Dixon too - broken home, great player who went on to win it all (Steve Blake on the other hand...).

I'm sure others will come up with ones I agree with.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Kerry Kittles was an assassin.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Kerry Kittles was an assassin.
Yeah but the one sock up, one sock down Schtick was enough to generate animosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I'm trying to think if I had a soft spot for one of those plucky Orange guys, someone who had even more grit than normal, but nobody springs to mind,

Maybe I should give a shout out to Trajan Langdon - he'll always be a favorite of mine for his willingness to go at Ricky off the dribble. Although frankly if he wasn't on that day, we could have blown them out.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I'm trying to think if I had a soft spot for one of those plucky Orange guys, someone who had even more grit than normal, but nobody springs to mind,

Maybe I should give a shout out to Trajan Langdon - he'll always be a favorite of mine for his willingness to go at Ricky off the dribble. Although frankly if he wasn't on that day, we could have blown them out.

I can't remember what happened with his recruiting but I think at one point we were the frontrunner for Preston Shumpert, and then perhaps we turned our attention elsewhere. Anyways, he took that to heart, signed with Syracuse, and lit the Huskies up whenever they played (and then sent kisses to his hot girlfriend up in the stands).

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/02/preston_shumpert_sets_syracuse.html - scored 34 on 8 for 11 from behind the arc... SU won 65-60
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/03/08/s...cuse-stops-uconn-on-shumpert-s-hot-start.html - scored 31 on 9 for 17 shooting

Reaction Score
I think we have done this before. But these are the dog days and its not even August.

My favorite UConn opponent of all time was Malik Sealy of St John's. He was silk, satin, I have never seen a player so smooth with such a great touch. He could get in the lane and rip your guts out without causing a ripple.

I would watch him and wish that UConn would get a player like that.

John Bagley and Mike Adams.

Reaction Score
I'll have to say Siva... He always seemed to bring it every game against us. Reminded me a lot of Kemba.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I had a lot of respect for Joe Alexander. He played that one position our team routinely could not guard (too quick for our traditional power forwards, too big for our wings) and killed us in the 2008 BET. Then he went on to punk Duke in the NCAA 2nd round. That was entertaining.

Reaction Score
I'd have to say Dr. J, but that was in the stone age (in more ways than one). In the Big East Era my favorite (not necessarily the best) was "Easy" Ed Pinckney. Great college ball player, but not really built for the pros.

Reaction Score
John Bagley and Mike Adams.
Backer and Adams were two awesome undersized guards from Connecticut, remember watching Michael Adams play for the Nuggets he was a really good and unique player. I'm happy Siva finally graduated and Syracuse got Preston Shumpert but Syracuse thought Donyell was theirs, I'll take that tradeoff any day.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Constantin Popa just because of the insanity of his free throw shooting.

Reaction Score
I had a lot of respect for Joe Alexander. He played that one position our team routinely could not guard (too quick for our traditional power forwards, too big for our wings) and killed us in the 2008 BET. Then he went on to punk Duke in the NCAA 2nd round. That was entertaining.

In this same vein, I really liked a lot of Marquette's recent players like DJO, Crowder, etc were all match up nightmares for UConn and the way they fulfilled their roles was fun to watch (against everyone else).

Reaction Score
This is a hard one because to be honest, I really never pulled for any non UConn player. I will mention a few guys who I wouldnt have minded to see wear a UConn jersey. Joe Mazzulla from WVU just played hard all time. Not very impressive stats but he was just one of those "junkyard dog" type of players. Luke Harangody was a really good college basketball player and I wish Olander could live up to half of what Harangody was. I actually ran into him after the ND game at Gampel back in 2008 when we beat them in a close one. I went over to shake his hand and tell him he had a great game which he did (32 pts) and had him sign my game program. He was a really nice kid.

Reaction Score
Derrick Williams and Kawhi Leonard were both fun to watch recently.

Reaction Score
Jesse Perry (Arizona '11 game) is fun to watch on the replay, played with a ton of heart and energy. Scared the bejeezus out of me watching the game live, but much more enjoyable when I know the outcome.

Jeremy Lin
David Padgett
Josh Childress
Brandon Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads