Who would you rather see in UConn's bracket: UD or TN? | The Boneyard

Who would you rather see in UConn's bracket: UD or TN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I have put the BET behind me and am looking forward to the NCAAs. After UConn (Home), I root for MD (alma mater). So many potentially intriguing games. I'd like to see at least one more match between Pat and Geno, and I'd kinda also like to see the Huskies play Delaware (It would be interesting).

I don't think it will be a cakewalk for Baylor, and I think the Huskies have the talent to win although it remains to be seen if they have the toughness and drive.

I know it is cool to talk about recruits, but this year's tourney is almost upon us. It is going to be fun. Won't be surprised if the next few years, UConn will be the dominant favorite, but this year the Huskies aren't. It will make for good drama.

Any matches you want to see aside from the Huskies being in the FF? Would you rather see UConn play Tenn or UD?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
In terms of ease of winning, UD in a landslide. I do not believe a one-player team can beat UConn, no matter how good that one player may be.

UConn-Tennessee would be riveting.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't ever want to play TN, so Delaware easily. Actually I would love to see EDD against UConn's defense. Just to see.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
No thanks on TN. UConn has more important things to attend to than handling the circus UConn vs. TN in Kingston would create. If they get to Denver, we'll take them on there.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I would hate to see a TN game. With Pat still there but not what she used to be, there is too much sentimentality. And a win would not be as satisfying and it's kind of like beating up on the kid on crutches. If Pat was at 100%, I'd love it. After she is gone, would like it. Now, not so much. I would love a Delaware game. It will be interesting to see EDD against UConn's defense.​

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I sincerely hope I am wrong but I would not be surprised if the suits at ESPN pressure the NCAA to make TN the #2 in Uconn's region. It would be a circus which is exactly what they want.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I would like to see the Vols beat Baylor and ND and meet the Huskies in the final.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well after last year I dont think UConn will face ND unless both make the finals. As for Tenn no way. After all the the garbage they pulled on us, our fans, our players, recruits, former players. No never again do I want to play them. We have nothing to prove and besides they arent the team they once were. The past is the past and I would like to leave it in the past. When Tenn gets a new coach maybe. I think UConn is looking at Duke in RI.
Before the BE tourney alot of fans were concerned whether UConn could win 2 games. Now that theyve found themselves many fans including me think they can win it all. Dont forget we had Baylor at Baylor by 11 and hadnt been to the foul line. We are a much better team right now . I really like our chances more now then any other time this season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Delaware. I'd like to see Elena play, and I'd like to see how UDel does against a truly elite team. I think we win 85-60, with EDD getting 30 very hard-earned points.

Tennessee made their decision. Let them go down the road to irrelevance. They need us; we do not need them. I'd rather see them lose early.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
blue_hen_chicken.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
More than who is in our bracket I would like to see UD on our OOC next year. We can use the SOS and the RPI they will likely produce next year. A chance for Geno and Tina Martin to help build UD's basketball future.

As to brackets let others worry about that but I would prefer to avoid the zoo and distractions of a TN game.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see both games for different reasons (LVs as our #2 seed, UD our #4.) If forced to choose, though, I'd go with the LVs, the Huskies I'd most like to see EDD playing against are all gone at this point. An E8 matchup between UConn and LVs would help whip up some national attention for the tourney that would carry over to a very deserving F4.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
What I see is some great feathers for fly tying and some nice trout dinners.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'd pass on both. UT from the contrast between Geno the sharp and PS as she is now - and she certainly does not need the stress. UD from the standpoint that if UD could pull off the upset Geno just might expire right there on national television!

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I thought I might like to see a UCONN/UD game, but after mulling it over, I'm not sure. It would be a very difficult game for Caroline, I think. She & Elena had plans to attend the same University & play for the same program. That went up in smoke when EDD packed her stuff, without a word to anyone & disappeared. I don't know what their relationship is like now, but I do know that Caroline has been through ENOUGH. On the other hand, she may welcome a chance to play against Elena. So...I am totally TORN!

As for the Vols, they are so yesterday's news. I say we leave them in the past (& in the dust). We've moved on.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I'd like to see both games for different reasons (LVs as our #2 seed, UD our #4.) If forced to choose, though, I'd go with the LVs, the Huskies I'd most like to see EDD playing against are all gone at this point. An E8 matchup between UConn and LVs would help whip up some national attention for the tourney that would carry over to a very deserving F4.

Does that mean that if UConn had to play one of these teams, it would be TN?

Reaction Score
Does that mean that if UConn had to play one of these teams, it would be TN?

Yes, not because of a competition or rooting interest, but because of what I stated. This should be a terrific F4 this year and an E8 matchup UConn-Tenn would generate some hype for the tournament that would carry over to higher interest in the F4, which it deserves.

Reaction Score
UConn against UD in the Elite 8 for the right to go to the FInal 4 and UConn against TN in the FInal 4 will be great stories and games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom