Who would you pick for your 3X3 teams? | The Boneyard

Who would you pick for your 3X3 teams?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Since it's a very slow week here in the yard with hardly no new news being reported, I thought I'd throw this into the forum for debate. For the sake of discussion, let's suppose this team would only compete with other Division 1 WCBB players in a mythical NCAA sponsored/sanctioned 3X3 national championship tournament.

If you could pick two 3 player teams made up of CURRENT UConn players, one team made from the 4 returning starters, the other team made up from non-starters on the 2017 - 2018 roster, who would YOU choose and why?

Second question. Which UConn player do you think will benefit the most (their stock rising above any other player) from UConn's tour games in Italy this summer?

Last edited:

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
4 returning players: Gabby, KLS, and Napheesa
rest of team: Megan, Azura, and Crystal

I'm going to say Crystal will benefit the most. She'll have the opportunity to start to feel comfortable as a sophomore and a possible leader on the team in terms of being a PG.

And just for fun:

all-time UConn 3x3 team: Maya, Stewie, Tina (trying to avoid the obvious Maya, Stewie, DT :) )

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would pick Napheesa, KLS & Megan because all three have played in FIBA 3 X 3 recently.
The player I think will benefit the most from the Italy trip is Megan Walker because Kia Nurse will not be there and Megan can play that SG position.
For my all time UConn team I would not select any former UCONN player in contention for or on the National team.
I would go with Stefanie, Bria and KML who played together for 3 full seasons-@ AA level most of that time.

Reaction Score
I would pick Napheesa, KLS & Megan because all three have played in FIBA 3 X 3 recently.
The player I think will benefit the most from the Italy trip is Megan Walker because Kia Nurse will not be there and Megan can play that SG position.
For my all time UConn team I would not select any former UConn player in contention for or on the National team.
I would go with Stefanie, Bria and KML who played together for 3 full seasons-@ AA level most of that time.
Kia finishes up with the Canadian NT in Argentina on Aug 13, so she could make it to Italy, although she won't have been practicing with the team. Did I miss some news that she isn't going to go?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I've never seen 3-on-3 basketball. Can someone enlighten me as to the strategy choosing players? Do you want three wings? A PG a wing and an athletic big? As soon as I saw the thread that Stewie wanted to play in the 3's, I thought a team of three Stewies would be perfect -- PG skills, post length, wing range, all x3. But then I thought of beach volleyball, where as far as I can remember all successful pairs have a setter and a spiker. Oh, and is it played on a full court or half court?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Kia finishes up with the Canadian NT in Argentina on Aug 13, so she could make it to Italy, although she won't have been practicing with the team. Did I miss some news that she isn't going to go?

I raised this in another thread. I believe the Italy trip is Aug 12-23. My guess is Kia joins the team in Italy but sits out in favor of the younger guards who need the experience more than she does.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom