Who would win? Boat's team or Kemba's? | The Boneyard

Who would win? Boat's team or Kemba's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
which team seems more formidable....the 2011 National Champs or this 2014-15 squad?

my thoughts:
  • Kemba would have the edge on Boat (actually maybe not, time will tell...very similar games)
  • a 22 yr old Sam Cassell Jr is going to be more productive than Shabazz was as a frosh
  • I will venture to say DHAM will be better than JLamb
  • and certainly Amida Brimah is better than Chuck. (i'd even say Brimah/Facey combo is better than Chuck/Alex)
after that you got a much deeper and more talented roster this year than 2011.

my point is....its going to take sometime to gel, and even though we're only beating the likes of Bryant and College of Charleston by single digits, the right pieces are there to go deep into March, Husky style..

Reaction Score
kemba would deffinately have the edge on boat, in the first few games of kembas junior year he was getting 30 ppg.
based on what i think this team will develop into then i think this year will be better for sure but its too early to tell what kind of team this gels into

Reaction Score
You're not really asking that question, are you? The 2011 team started out like gangbusters and won a loaded Maui Invitational.
right, the 2011 team "got out of the blocks" faster.....but i think the current team will actually be a better team come march than the 2011 team.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Dabutlerdidit said:
right, the 2011 team "got out of the blocks" faster.....but i think the current team will actually be a better team come march than the 2011 team.

So pencil them in for a NC and Super Bowl win?

That's the only way you can be better than 2011.

Reaction Score

I agree that our team this year has a lot of potential to be good come March. Your problem is comparing them to a team that won the National Championship and had one of the best runs in March in the history of the sport.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Kemba AO and Lamb would get the job done.... But damn Im loving Boatright thus far.... Cant wait till everyone starts to mesh.. The stuff were seeing from Brimah, hamilton, casell, samuel, purvis in pieces has potential to turn into something purtyy... Also off topic: Boatright taking fouls from guards pushing off is great. It is something refs ignored for the past years, but if the refs are seeing it now they will look for that more often in future games.. D up boysss

Reaction Score
which team seems more formidable....the 2011 National Champs or this 2014-15 squad?

my thoughts:
  • Kemba would have the edge on Boat (actually maybe not, time will tell...very similar games)
  • a 22 yr old Sam Cassell Jr is going to be more productive than Shabazz was as a frosh
  • I will venture to say DHAM will be better than JLamb
  • and certainly Amida Brimah is better than Chuck. (i'd even say Brimah/Facey combo is better than Chuck/Alex)
after that you got a much deeper and more talented roster this year than 2011.

my point is....its going to take sometime to gel, and even though we're only beating the likes of Bryant and College of Charleston by single digits, the right pieces are there to go deep into March, Husky style..

Freshman Bazz > 1st year Selly. He could just do more (D, Assists, ball handling)

Reaction Score
and winner of the Dumbest thread of the year goes to.....
i'm not taking anything away from 2011...Kemba was incredible and their run was magical
(in a spirit of optimism) i'm saying the talent on this team, when it gels, *come march* will be better than the 2011 team.
to replicate the magic is a whole notha story...

Reaction Score
i'm not taking anything away from 2011...Kemba was incredible and their run was magical
(in a spirit of optimism) i'm saying the talent on this team, when it gels, *come march* will be better than the 2011 team.

UConn beat 6 KenPom top 25 teams in the 2011 postseason. To be better than that would pretty tough.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Just stop, this team is not better than 2011. Boat doesn't touch kembas level of greatness. Plus that team had a big man

Reaction Score
At first I thought you were asking about last years team (Bazz) or Kembas 2011 team and i was like why is everyone calling him a . I was mistaken.

Reaction Score
true...i'm hopeful Facey and Calhoun or Purvis could match or better their 2011 output come march

see stat line from 2011 final 4 vs. Kentucky. pretty low floor for those 2 guys

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2010-2011/mbb40.html
only becausse i'm on a train, and bored am I actually responding....I don't think this year's team is as talented or deep or better than 2011, no matter how you look at it. but I notice you picked a game where the team as a whole only scored 56 points to reference. Should we use today's game as the floor for this years team? If so, then this year's team isn't deep, or better.

Reaction Score
I'm a 25 year Husky fan (b/c I can't remember past 10), a UConn Alumn, a former employee of UConn Athletics and the guy who got to roll the '99 Championship trophy onto the floor at Gampel for the celebration. I've been reading posts on the boneyard for a while now and greatly appreciate the "insider" info on recruiting as well as the energy and enthusiasm about the Huskies. And I appreciate good threads that provoke good conversation about current and past Husky Teams and Players. The one thing I noticed that I really don't care for is how many Husky fans (we're a brotherhood....remember that) like to bag on other fans. If someone wants to post a thread and you don't like it, just stay out of it...no big deal.

I'm pretty sure everyone misunderstood DaButler's thread. He's simply saying that there's an argument (discussion) to be had on which team is more talented..... The Huskies RIGHT NOW or the Kemba's Huskies IN NOVEMBER OF 2010 (Not come tournament time). Evaluating TALENT alone of the two teams during this early part of the season. Pound for pound, player for player, this is actually a really good discussion. We must remember that Kemba, who has to go down as a top 3 Husky of all time, made everyone better. The talent around him in November 2010 was not (in my opinion) as talented as the team now. His talent alone may be the trump card that makes that team more talented NOW, but i'm not sure.

I'm excited about this team. I'm excited about the heart and the effort. I'm excited when I see a lineup on the floor of Boat, Purvis, Cassell, Hamilton, Brimah. That lineup come March could be scary good....especially under KO's leadership.

Let's all relax a bit on bagging on people's threads, whether it's about team comparison, best pizza in CT or best seafood (LOL). We are fortunate fans of an ELITE program in the small state of CT. Go Huskies!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This team will never be able to win 5 in 5. Nor go 14-0 in knock out play. 2011 by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom