Who Wins the Big East's BCS Slot? | The Boneyard

Who Wins the Big East's BCS Slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Before kickoff comes for the Big East, through the 'Ville, at 6:00, time for quick predictions.

I have USF over WVU for the BCS slot. Combination of a few factors -- WVU dealing with a new coach and massive losses on D, USF benefitting from it being the second year of a normal coach and the showdown with WVU being in Tampa in December, and the game I saw Daniels play in the bowl making me believe he may be the best QB in the league this year. Add up normal play at QB and TB and a normal coach, and I think USF stops its constant underperformance in the league that it suffered through under Leavitt.

I'm not sold on Pitt as being in a group with USF and WVU. Frankly, you could tell me anyone in the league other than Syracuse, Louisville and Rutgers could be third and I wouldn't be shocked. And I'm not even ruling out that Rutgers couldn't bounce back into mediocrity (and this year 4-3 probably won't leave you behind anyone other than WVU and USF).

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'll play the blind optimist but I'm still under the impression that we can figure out a way to have competent QB play this season and, with our defense, offensive line, special teams and talent at TE, WR & RB we can win this conference with competent QB play.

Reaction Score
Here's my predicted order of finish

USF - Orange Bowl v. FSwho
Cinci - Charlotte v. Wake (ND to Champs - blah)
WVU - Pinstripe v. Okie State
UConn - B'ham v. Auburm
Pitt - St. Pete v. ECU
RU - at-large
Cuse - at-large
L'ville - no bowl

7 BE teams will be bowl bound.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Personally... I can't get behind USF taking this until they prove they can play a full season. Maybe this year will be different.

Reaction Score
The game that's going to show us what we have is Vandy, week 2.. Until then, I'll reserve judgement.. I sense some good things happening this year. As has been mentioned before, the interior line play should be more than solid and the defense should be strong. That should keep us is in most if not all games. I'm interested to see how this D matches up against the spread in the PITT, USF & WVU games. We all know that in the past the Huskies have struggled with that. This years 'aggressive' defense could turn the tide and change that.. I'm certainly hoping so..

Saturday will be a glorified scrimmage and I don't think it will really tell us much other than, we're bigger, stronger and faster than a IAA team.. which shouldn't be too surprising.

Fall is in the air and I'm ready for some tailgating and football. What else is there to do in the fall?

Reaction Score
The game that's going to show us what we have is Vandy, week 2.. Until then, I'll reserve judgement.. I sense some good things happening this year. As has been mentioned before, the interior line play should be more than solid and the defense should be strong. That should keep us is in most if not all games. I'm interested to see how this D matches up against the spread in the PITT, USF & WVU games. We all know that in the past the Huskies have struggled with that. This years 'aggressive' defense could turn the tide and change that.. I'm certainly hoping so..

Saturday will be a glorified scrimmage and I don't think it will really tell us much other than, we're bigger, stronger and faster than a IAA team.. which shouldn't be too surprising.

Fall is in the air and I'm ready for some tailgating and football. What else is there to do in the fall?

What it will tell is if the receivers are open and the QB is under little pressure can he deliver strikes to the receivers. That will tell me a lot. In the Bones/DJ period really couldn't say that, nor Tyler 2nd year or Zack in general. Another matter if can do it under pressure, etc.; but if can't do it against Fordham, I might have to change my 10-2 prediction.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It feels like USF's year. The only other team with a shot is WVU.

Here is my predicted order of finish.

USF
WVU
Pitt
UConn
Cincy
Rut
UL
Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics