Who will be our best player next season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who will be our best player next season?

Reaction Score
Oh yeah. For sure. Bigs and passing PGs have the hardest transition. Good reason why I think Bouk could be very good this year is that he needs to do the exact same thing he's always done for us: score. They all have a big transition Gaffney needs to learn new sets, terminology, etc. that wings dont necessarily need as much.
Maybe not at the start of the season but Bouk will he starting this year, IMO.

Reaction Score
I think it will be Gilbert and it needs to be.
Josh is next.

Beyond that I think we'll get solid contribution from Vital, and mixed contribution from others. If Akok, Bouk and Polley can really step up that will be huge.
I agree with how good AG needs to be, but if he’s not injured and someone is better than him then we’re having a really good year. So in a way I hope he’s not the best player, but in a unrealistic expectations sort of way.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Maybe not at the start of the season but Bouk will he starting this year, IMO.

If he’s not, it’s because Sid finally became a player or Polley developed a more all around wing game. Neither would be bad news. But he’s all but certain to start at SG the following year.

Reaction Score
Gilbert- 14
CV - 14
Carlton- 14
Polley. 12
Akok. 10
Bouknight 10
Sid. 8
Gaffney. 5
Adams. 6

There is no jaw dropping star on the team. Total right now is 93 points a game and that is conservative. I see us averaging 100 points a game because I didn’t even give Springs any yet. There will be times when CV and Gilbert will score 20 each but others will drop but overall this is a juggernaut.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Gilbert- 14
CV - 14
Carlton- 14
Polley. 12
Akok. 10
Bouknight 10
Sid. 8
Gaffney. 5
Adams. 6

There is no jaw dropping star on the team. Total right now is 93 points a game and that is conservative. I see us averaging 100 points a game because I didn’t even give Springs any yet. There will be times when CV and Gilbert will score 20 each but others will drop but overall this is a juggernaut.
So....we're scoring over 20 ppg more than last year? Somebody needs to chhhhiiilllllllll

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Can't afford not to have it be AG and CV for 1st half of season and one of the freshmen and Akok during second half (with AG and CV maintaining their production).

Reaction Score
Gilbert- 14
CV - 14
Carlton- 14
Polley. 12
Akok. 10
Bouknight 10
Sid. 8
Gaffney. 5
Adams. 6

I can only assume this is tongue in cheek.

Reaction Score
I can only assume this is tongue in cheek.
It is to some degree but look more closely at each player’s output. The first 3 Gilbert, CV and Carlton get those and higher numbers all the time. Polley just hits 3 threes and he gets 9 with nothing else. Sid can get 8 on putbacks. So what you really come to argue are Bouknight and Akok and the rest which add up to 31, a bit high. Cut that in half and we are at 78 which is still pretty good. I have no idea how good those 2 new guys are are but from what I read here from those about their talent in the know, 10 points a game doesn’t seem crazy for them.

Reaction Score
1- Alterique, I think he needs to be our best player if we are going to have any success this year
2- CV, I am probably higher on CV than most but as long as Al stays healthy CV will play within himself
3- Josh, should be a consistent double-double threat if he can stay out of foul trouble
4- Polley, I think he will show more consistency as a shooter but will still be a terrible rebounder
5- Bouknight, looking forward to seeing how his shot creation looks, think he will struggle against strength
6- Akok, I think he will show promise as a shot blocker but his strength is still a major concern to me
7- Sid, he will have his flashy plays but I am looking for more consistency from him
8- Gaffney, love his talent but I am worried about strength and lack of experience
9- Whaley, he will have an increased role and his added strength will help
10- Adams, just not very high on him, love his strength and I think he will certainly improve from last year
11- Springs, don't expect much from him other than good effort and energy. Rebounding will be a positive
I’m a big CV fan. He’s probably been one of our most consistent scorers. With a second year of Hurley, he could be outstanding.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
So....we're scoring over 20 ppg more than last year? Somebody needs to chhhhiiilllllllll

We didn't set a very high bar last year :)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
AG, 1st team all conference if injury free

OK, IDK, but that's what I'm hoping for. My thick skin on these matters has been slowly peeled away, but those days are over. It's time to excel again, Dream Season II

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom