Who will be our best player next season? | The Boneyard

Who will be our best player next season?

Reaction Score
I really think Carlton will be the one, especially if our guards can effectively feed him. He really seemed to turn the switch last season, but with AG out and Jalen not really a point guard, he was hindered. He showed some nice pivot moves (including fakes and footwork), some hops and some meanness. I like what I see is happening to him, and he's old school 4 year UConn type player working his way into the NBA.

Not yet Emeka, but with continued development pro scouts will be coming. He's a keeper!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I really think Carlton will be the one, especially if our guards can effectively feed him. He really seemed to turn the switch last season, but with AG out and Jalen not really a point guard, he was hindered. He showed some nice pivot moves (including fakes and footwork), some hops and some meanness. I like what I see is happening to him, and he's old school 4 year UConn type player working his way into the NBA.

Not yet Emeka, but with continued development pro scouts will be coming. He's a keeper!

I think we could see a sophomore Boone-esque junior year.

Reaction Score
Carlton from a consistency standpoint, but AG will have some big games, like 25 points big.

Reaction Score
3 guys realistically could average 13-14+ a game. 4-5 in double figures

Reaction Score
1- Alterique, I think he needs to be our best player if we are going to have any success this year
2- CV, I am probably higher on CV than most but as long as Al stays healthy CV will play within himself
3- Josh, should be a consistent double-double threat if he can stay out of foul trouble
4- Polley, I think he will show more consistency as a shooter but will still be a terrible rebounder
5- Bouknight, looking forward to seeing how his shot creation looks, think he will struggle against strength
6- Akok, I think he will show promise as a shot blocker but his strength is still a major concern to me
7- Sid, he will have his flashy plays but I am looking for more consistency from him
8- Gaffney, love his talent but I am worried about strength and lack of experience
9- Whaley, he will have an increased role and his added strength will help
10- Adams, just not very high on him, love his strength and I think he will certainly improve from last year
11- Springs, don't expect much from him other than good effort and energy. Rebounding will be a positive

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My guess at a top 5

AG
Vital
Carlton
Akok
Polley

I’m unsure about Akok’s offense, but his defense will be a big upgrade at the 4 over what we got at the position last year, so I’ll put him 4th with that expectation.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think it will be Gilbert and it needs to be.
Josh is next.

Beyond that I think we'll get solid contribution from Vital, and mixed contribution from others. If Akok, Bouk and Polley can really step up that will be huge.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For the team to be its best, AG has to be the best player. Doesn't mean he is leading scorer but this is still a roster in transition. Some pieces fit Hurley's style better than others.
Up to the conductor to make Hurley's desire for each player to work on the court.

Reaction Score
1- Alterique, I think he needs to be our best player if we are going to have any success this year
2- CV, I am probably higher on CV than most but as long as Al stays healthy CV will play within himself
3- Josh, should be a consistent double-double threat if he can stay out of foul trouble
4- Polley, I think he will show more consistency as a shooter but will still be a terrible rebounder
5- Bouknight, looking forward to seeing how his shot creation looks, think he will struggle against strength
6- Akok, I think he will show promise as a shot blocker but his strength is still a major concern to me
7- Sid, he will have his flashy plays but I am looking for more consistency from him
8- Gaffney, love his talent but I am worried about strength and lack of experience
9- Whaley, he will have an increased role and his added strength will help
10- Adams, just not very high on him, love his strength and I think he will certainly improve from last year
11- Springs, don't expect much from him other than good effort and energy. Rebounding will be a positive

Why are you concerned about Gaffney's inexperience but not Bouk, Akok l, or springs?

I think gaffney will be required to play more than we expect. At least 15mpg. He is the only player other than Rique with lead guard experience.

We really do ride or die with AG this year.

Reaction Score
Why are you concerned about Gaffney's inexperience but not Bouk, Akok l, or springs?

I think gaffney will be required to play more than we expect. At least 15mpg. He is the only player other than Rique with lead guard experience.

We really do ride or die with AG this year.
I should’ve said that differently for Gaffney, I was more talking about his lead guard experience like you touched on.

Reaction Score
I should’ve said that differently for Gaffney, I was more talking about his lead guard experience like you touched on.

Id worry more about his left hand dribbling and strength tbh. He's basically never not been a PG from what I've seen at westtown and aau (was it wer1?)

Reaction Score
Id worry more about his left hand dribbling and strength tbh. He's basically never not been a PG from what I've seen at westtown and aau (was it wer1?)
He was Team Rio for AAU. Experience may have been the wrong word to use. I just think his role on the team may be the hardest of the freshman.

Reaction Score
He was Team Rio for AAU. Experience may have been the wrong word to use. I just think his role on the team may be the hardest of the freshman.

Oh yeah. For sure. Bigs and passing PGs have the hardest transition. Good reason why I think Bouk could be very good this year is that he needs to do the exact same thing he's always done for us: score. They all have a big transition Gaffney needs to learn new sets, terminology, etc. that wings dont necessarily need as much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom