Who will be on the roster next year? | The Boneyard

Who will be on the roster next year?

Reaction Score
I think Polley is more likely than Whaley but ultimately I don't think any of the 3 seniors will be back unfortunately

Reaction Score
How good is Diggins? Wasn't he Philadelphia Catholic League POY?

Reaction Score
Diggins
Hawkins
Johnson

45% from 3 grad transfer
another 45% from 3 grad transfer
Does Kemba have a little brother?

that should put us at 13 schollys...I believe Ive filled the team out nicely

Reaction Score
Diggins
Hawkins
Johnson

45% from 3 grad transfer
another 45% from 3 grad transfer
Does Kemba have a little brother?

that should put us at 13 schollys...I believe Ive filled the team out nicely
Huskies n hoos...is “hoos” for UVA? If so geez you had a rough night. Ouch

Reaction Score
Guys freshman contributions are bonuses not to be counted on, until proven.

Haven't we learned that? Jackson is exhibit A, for those with a very short memory.

D1 players (including transfers) are all we can really evaluate until next winter.

Anyway perhaps Akok will be the man next year and Martin will find his offense. They're our best options right now. Cole also but I'm hoping he starts facilitating more.

Reaction Score
Guys freshman contributions are bonuses not to be counted on, until proven.

Haven't we learned that? Jackson is exhibit A, for those with a very short memory.

D1 players (including transfers) are all we can really evaluate until next winter.

Anyway perhaps Akok will be the man next year and Martin will find his offense. They're our best options right now. Cole also but I'm hoping he starts facilitating more.
This is 2021, not 1981.

Freshmen dominate the game. The fact that we got very little from Jackson this year is a big concern. If there's a big leap to be had, it's usually between freshman and sophomore year, so there's a chance he comes back and looks like the guy we were expecting.

But there's also a chance he's an elite athlete, high flyer, and exciting passer who nonetheless is not much of an asset.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is 2021, not 1981.

Freshmen dominate the game. The fact that we got very little from Jackson this year is a big concern. If there's a big leap to be had, it's usually between freshman and sophomore year, so there's a chance he comes back and looks like the guy we were expecting.

But there's also a chance he's an elite athlete, high flyer, and exciting passer who nonetheless is not much of an asset.

The prevailing thought was Jackson's little known injury over the summer and then mid-season wrist injury significantly limited what he can do. Of course, Hurley, in early autumn, said Jackson could be one of the country's most impactful freshmen knowing Jackson had been hurt, didn't help matters.

Reaction Score
The prevailing thought was Jackson's little known injury over the summer and then mid-season wrist injury significantly limited what he can do. Of course, Hurley, in early autumn, said Jackson could be one of the country's most impactful freshmen knowing Jackson had been hurt, didn't help matters.
Shades of Ferrari eh?

Reaction Score
This is 2021, not 1981.

I'm just saying freshman are unpredictable until they start playing D1 competition. Can't list them in the contributions category preseason no matter how talented they are in high school. Some adjust quicker to D1 than others. Wish I knew what the ingredient is.

Reaction Score
I dunno, he was clearly a bad shooter in high school, but the BY did a good enough job convincing ourselves he was actually a decent shooter...definitely not the case. He can be a contributor as a really good passer, lockdown defender, NBA jam caliber dunker...but he's going to have to put in a ton of work to be more than just an uber athletic Martin. Hope he pulls it off...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Shades of Ferrari eh?

Yep. It was a dick move comment by Hurley since Hurley knew he wasn't giving Jackson 30 mpg to figure out his way in to the college game flow. First half dozen games Jackson played he had a shorter leash than anyone.

Hurley's early season playing pattern was to give Cole and Martin way more leash than anyone else. Paid off in getting Cole settled in as PG. Really got inconsistent results from low ceiling player Martin.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I dunno, he was clearly a bad shooter in high school, but the BY did a good enough job convincing ourselves he was actually a decent shooter...definitely not the case. He can be a contributor as a really good passer, lockdown defender, NBA jam caliber dunker...but he's going to have to put in a ton of work to be more than just an uber athletic Martin. Hope he pulls it off...

Kinda like reports saying Al Gilbert was a 40%+ 3 point shooter in HS.

HS stats are always suspect. Mix tapes are even more suspect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom